ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Fiance Visa: shortened CT600 + other vaf4a Appendix 2 questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

worldwizened
Newly Registered

UK Fiance Visa: shortened CT600 + other vaf4a Appendix 2 questions

Post by worldwizened » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Advanced thanks for any help with this, and hope this is in the correct section.
I've already done an extensive search for all of the below, but still come up blank. Whenever I think I've found the answer, there's another one to contradict it.

Me and my Filipina fiance are currently applying for a UK Fiance Visa (from The Philippines).
I think all other requirements are fine: we've been in a relationship for 10 years, have two kids together, live together at least 4-5 months of the year, daily contact/ comms when I'm not there, they've all visited me here using a family visit visa 3 years ago, and plan to live at my Dad's owned property (3 bedroom) until we find our own place.
As is quite common I think, it's the vaf4a Appendix 2 form and required docs that's giving me grief...

I have run my own Limited Company for 3 years now (sole Director, and sole shareholder), and work as a contractor. My last 12 months of work (on and off: totalling about 8 months of actual work) I have earned
enough to cover the income requirements. Every month I get paid into my business account for a contract, I usually: deduct 20% VAT, 20% Corp Tax, then roughly 6% for emergencies/ additional costs for the company.
I then pay the remainder into my personal account. This amount always matches my Dividend Voucher amount.
I'm currently still in contract, until at least December.

Problem 1:
- In June 2019, I shortened my tax year by 2 months (Aug 2018-Jun 2019), as we were going to apply, together with our kid's Right of Abode Visa. My normal tax year ends in August 2019.
But, when my fiance took the TB test they found some lung scarring and we now have to wait for 2 months while they do the sputum test (should be getting the results in 2 weeks). Needless to say, this was heartbreaking for my fiance.
Has anyone successfully applied with a shortened tax year, but with sufficient earnings in this tax period?
Are immigration very strict on it being precisely 12 months? (I'm guessing, yes)
If I ask my accountant to do another set of accounts for the remaining 2 months + add the 10 months accounts, would it be acceptable to use this combined year accounts?
I know the official requirements state 'full' years accounts.

Problem 2:
I don't pay my pay slips and Dividend amounts separately from business to personal account. It's all combined into a monthly figure (after VAT and tax deductions).
So every time I pay myself from business account to personal, it's the same amount as my Dividend Vouchers show, and there's nothing to show the pay slip amount being transferred from one account to the other. Nothing illegal, totally transparent but immigration may see this differently.
Just wondering if this is acceptable?
Is it possible to show income as Dividends only? (I wouldn't send the payslips then). But then I'm thinking there's no proof of paying NI.
The other option (as long as it's legal), would be to ask my accountant to somehow combine pay + Dividends to reflect the same amount I have paid myself every month?
(My accounts are unaudited, so I presume things can be changed?)

Problem 3:
Part 3C (vaf4a Appendix 2 form). I'm planning to use the self-employment section,
and for Question 3.49: 'was your sponsor self-employed on the date of this application?' I'll tick 'yes'.
But question 3.54: 'Is your sponsor registered as self employed in the UK with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)?' I'll ticked 'no', since I'm not.
Then I can either put my income as the quite low pay slip total, plus in section 3D I'll add my Dividend earnings?
And I'll add a note in an extensive cover letter stating I am registered with HMRC, but they don't classify a director as self employed.

Question:
Our kids (8 and 4) now have new Certificate of Entitlement/ Right of Abode (only took 3 days, happy days).
Do we need to include them as dependants in the forms: vaf4a + vaf4a Appendix 2? Which would increase the income requirements.

Again, many thanks in advance for any comments, advise on the above.

worldwizened
Newly Registered

Re: UK Fiance Visa: shortened CT600 + other vaf4a Appendix 2 questions

Post by worldwizened » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Apologies if the message is too long. But anyone have any experience of submitting split year accounts / ct600? Or even a shortened tax year? And were you successful with the application? Thanks

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:42 pm

So did you use the shortened ct600 accounts?

worldwizened
Newly Registered

Post by worldwizened » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:39 pm

I did. Visa approved and the families in the UK now.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I am in a very similar situation so if you could pls guide.

I have a few questions for you.
  • How did you prove your income. Did you show the payments as dividends only or dividends and salary combined. Showing as combined would probably require more explanation. Do we still need to show and prove separate transactions for salary payments even if we are not relying on that.
  • Did you provided the two remaining months of ct600 or submitted just the 10 months accounts.
  • If you have a set of incoming payments to your personal account. Do we need to provide an account of each and every payment. As some of the payments can be for expenses. Did all your incoming payments were counted as your income or just a few?