ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Travel Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

omla123
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Travel Time

Post by omla123 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi,

I have applied for spouse visa, priority service. The biometrics have been done in Lahore a week ago (no confirmation email received). I am expecting to get the visa in a months time. The issue is that I have been told that within 30 days you have to travel on the visa, however as there are a few weddings and other stuff need to attend to, is there any way to extend this 30 day period for travel to uk? Ideally would like to come to UK in Jan 2020?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Travel Time

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:14 pm

omla123 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi,

I have applied for spouse visa, priority service. The biometrics have been done in Lahore a week ago (no confirmation email received). I am expecting to get the visa in a months time. The issue is that I have been told that within 30 days you have to travel on the visa, however as there are a few weddings and other stuff need to attend to, is there any way to extend this 30 day period for travel to uk? Ideally would like to come to UK in Jan 2020?
You applied for the visa too early it seems :)

Your option is to let it expire then apply again in 2020 when she is ready. But that carries obvious risks indeed.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:14 pm

You applied for the visa too early it seems :)

Your option is to let it expire then apply again in 2020 when she is ready. But that carries obvious risks indeed.
Doesn't sound like a good option. Besides OP has stated they would like to come to the UK in Jan 2020.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm

3. ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... visa-ecb17

The fee for this is currently £154
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.