ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ciran
Newly Registered

visa success

Post by ciran » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi everyone, I would just like to thank everyone for helping my husband and I in this very complicated and diffucult time.

thanks to the help and advise from this website, we were able to put together a visa folder and were happy to find out on the 16th of July that the visa was successful. We are over the moon and have just returned home.

As this website was very helpful, I would now like to do my bit and show our experience of this as it may help others.

here is what we included in the folder:

VAF4 Form fully filled and signed
Covering letter detailing your current status and future plans.

IDENTIFICATION

Passport
Birth Certificate

SPOUSE IDENTIFICATION

Certified copy of passport
Original birth certificate
copy of UK Driving license
copy of NHS card
copy of NI Card

MISC RELATIONSHIP STUFF

photos with friends and family
cards to each other (b.day, anniversary etc)

ENGAGEMENT

photos
diamond ring receipt and insurance policy
cards from friends

WEDDING

wedding cards and greeting cards
wedding hall receipts
wedding dress and jewellery receipts
marriage certificate
photos
letter from our priest confirming that he wed us

HOME

Tenancy agreement of our flat and photos of our flat
Utility bills (gas, electric and BT)
Council tax bills

SPOUSE FINANCE

pay slips (9 months)
Letter from employer
bank statements (9 months)
saving bank accounts statements (9 months)
joint savings account (9 months)

MY FINANCE

job opportunity letters
bank statements

As I was also doing a masters degree at the time, we also included my university enrolment papers and fee status letters.

My husband went back to his home country on the 15th of March; made the application on the 20th. We got a reply 15 days later and were given an interview date 3 months later on the 16th of July.

When he went to the interview, they aksed him questions about us and what we plan to do and so on. It took about 30 mins and then they gave him the visa.

although they did not ask for it, we nonetheless had an updated folder ready at hand.

I made three trips to see him whilst he was there (and was actually waiting outside in the rain as they did not let anyone without an appointment into the embassy!)

I hope I have not missed out anything.

thank you so much again and I hope everyone here gets to see their partners/family members, very soon!!