ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse extension brp card delivery

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Londoner8881
Newly Registered

Spouse extension brp card delivery

Post by Londoner8881 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Hello everyone I have a quick query regarding brp card my wife got an extension we have received confirmation letter saying visa is granted my question is how long does it take for brp to arrive and does Royal Mail deliver these or any other company please thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse extension brp card delivery

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:02 pm

7 to 10 working days and delivered by DX Couriers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Usually about a week to 10 days, sometimes less. It will be delivered by a courier company called DX Delivery. If you aren't home when they try to deliver the first time they will leave instructions on how to re-schedule for a different day or delivery address. Annoyingly, they only deliver during standard business hours Monday to Friday. You can, however, for an additional fee schedule delivery for a specific morning or afternoon block of time. Money grab compared to Royal Mail deliveries that you can at least go in and pick up at your convenience.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:03 pm
Usually about a week to 10 days, sometimes less. It will be delivered by a courier company called DX Delivery. If you aren't home when they try to deliver the first time they will leave instructions on how to re-schedule for a different day or delivery address. Annoyingly, they only deliver during standard business hours Monday to Friday. You can, however, for an additional fee schedule delivery for a specific morning or afternoon block of time. Money grab compared to Royal Mail deliveries that you can at least go in and pick up at your convenience.
You can also collect at one of their centres for free at your convenience!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm
There you go, didn't know that, guess I didn't read the letter close enough :lol: or they neglected to mention it.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Londoner8881
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner8881 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Thank u so much for ur replies really appreciated 😊

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 pm

They can also deliver at work address
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm

CR001 wrote:

Can you please elaborate on this? When do I choose the Centre, during application? Or after first failed delivery?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm
CR001 wrote:

Can you please elaborate on this? When do I choose the Centre, during application? Or after first failed delivery?
You phone DX couriers to check if they have a parcel for you and then arrange to collect it if you are near one of their centres.

This does NOT however apply to YOUR circumstances of a visa application OUTSIDE the UK. It applies to applications within the UK. Your spouse will have to collect the BRP from your nominated Post Office.

Please do not tag onto other members topics that are not related to your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)