ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sucessful SET(O) Dependant for Wife. Travelling on old BRP card with Validity till 2021

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaanzz
Newly Registered
India

Sucessful SET(O) Dependant for Wife. Travelling on old BRP card with Validity till 2021

Post by shaanzz » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:53 am

Hello,

Applied on 15th October 2019 for ILR for my wife through Tier 1 General (PBS Dependant) 5 Year route through the priority service online. The application has been sucessfull and received letter from Home office
today 19/10/2019. We are awaiting delivery of the BRP Card. We need to urgently travel to India.
Could you help/advise with the following please?

1. How long does it take for the BRP card to arrive based on the dates above?

2. She still has her previous BRP card as PBS Dependant visa which is valid till March 2021. Is this OK to enter back in the UK along with the approval letter for ILR from home office.

Thanks,

Appreciate your swift response.

Santhosh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sucessful SET(O) Dependant for Wife. Travelling on old BRP card with Validity till 2021

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 am

1. 7 to 10 days.

2. Her old visa is cancelled now. I am fairly certain the letter also says to return the old brp card to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaanzz
Newly Registered
India

Re: Sucessful SET(O) Dependant for Wife. Travelling on old BRP card with Validity till 2021

Post by shaanzz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there a way to get the tracking number of the BRP card courier?
Is there anyway to contact Homeoffice to find out the status of the BRP card? We have some urgent travel plans and need to know if my wife will be allowed back to the UK with her Tier 1 General Dependant visa which is still valid.....

shaanzz
Newly Registered
India

Post by shaanzz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

I see some of you have updated status that you have received BRP card. Could you please provide some further information ,

1. Which courier delivered it - RoyalMail, DX Courier, DTD etc...
2. What happens if you miss the delivery?
3. Can you collect it from a delivery depot or something?
4. Do they allow someone else to collect on your behalf with you identity proof or address proof?

Thanks,

Santhosh

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 pm

shaanzz wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 pm
Hello Everyone,

I see some of you have updated status that you have received BRP card. Could you please provide some further information ,

1. Which courier delivered it - RoyalMail, DX Courier, DTD etc...
2. What happens if you miss the delivery?
3. Can you collect it from a delivery depot or something?
4. Do they allow someone else to collect on your behalf with you identity proof or address proof?

Thanks,

Santhosh
1. Dx
2. Rebook
3. Yes or can request to deliver at your work
4. Yes with authorization letter
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shaanzz
Newly Registered
India

Post by shaanzz » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. How do we know that we missed it?
Do they leave a card or something if we miss?

Thanks
Santhosh

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:51 am

shaanzz wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 am
Do they leave a card or something if we miss?
Yes, they should leave a letter that contains instructions for organising re-delivery as well as a tracking number and contact details.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.