ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL - PROCEEDS OF SALE NOT HELD FOR 6 MONTHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naija99
Member of Standing

SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL - PROCEEDS OF SALE NOT HELD FOR 6 MONTHS

Post by naija99 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am

Morning forum
A friend applied for spouse visa for her husband. She sold her property and made the application 6 weeks after which included all the paper trail and bank statement with the sale proceeds of £120k.

The application was refused.The basis for refusal was :-
no evidence of being free to marry. Decree absolute was uploaded.
you have not provided evidence of having cash savings of £62,500 for six months

Is the best way forward administrative review or appeal?

geoeng
Canada

Re: SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL - PROCEEDS OF SALE NOT HELD FOR 6 MONTHS

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 am

If the refusal is based only on documents that were submitted in support of the application but were overlooked by the Home Office in processing the application, it may be worth a complaint to see if they will take a second look. Contacting your MP also seems to help with this, but I suspect that isn't the case for the next few weeks.

"If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk"

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL - PROCEEDS OF SALE NOT HELD FOR 6 MONTHS

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 pm

naija99 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am
Morning forum
A friend applied for spouse visa for her husband. She sold her property and made the application 6 weeks after which included all the paper trail and bank statement with the sale proceeds of £120k.

The application was refused.The basis for refusal was :-
no evidence of being free to marry. Decree absolute was uploaded.
you have not provided evidence of having cash savings of £62,500 for six months

Is the best way forward administrative review or appeal?
Do both appeal and complaint. Maybe complaint works more faster because both points of refusals seem incorrect.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.