ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse's ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Andy12
Mood:
India

Spouse's ILR

Post by Andy12 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:31 am

Hi,

I hope you're having a great weekend. I am currently on ILR and applying for British naturalisation next month. My wife is on ILR dependent visa valid until June 2022. I have couple of questions please.

1. When I receive British residency, does she need to apply for a new visa? or can she continue on her current visa?

2. What's the earliest month & year she can apply for her ILR and via what route? below is her timeline in the UK.

- Tier 4 Student visa Dec 2011 - May 2013
- Tier 1 PSW dependent visa May 2013 - Dec 2013
- Tier 2 General visa Jan 2014 - May 2017 (was on her own visa)
- Tier 2 Dependent visa May 2017 - Nov 2019
- ILR Dependent visa Nov 2019 - current (She applied her ILR dependent visa at the same day as myself but it took more than 10 months for the visa to be granted for her)

She has not left UK for more than 60 days during the above period, has an MSc from a well known university in London.

Appreciate your time reading this, and help.

Kind regards
Andy

vinny

Re: Spouse's ILR

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 am

She may apply for SET(LR), subject to satisfying the relevant requirements, no sooner than 28 days prior to the 10th anniversary of her initial entry into the UK and before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.