ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension questions with long absence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ravilh123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse visa extension questions with long absence

Post by ravilh123 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 am

Hi, I have some questions. I applied for spouse VISA and I got it in May 2018. I traveled to UK in June 2018 and stayed in UK till Dec 2018. Thereafter I was out for a month and returned back to UK in Jan 2019. After that, I had to leave UK again in April 2019. Since then I have been out of the UK. I can only return back to UK in March 2020 after settling some personal matters relating to family. My BRP which is given for 33 months is expiring Feb 2021. Will I be able to get it extended or will it be cancelled? If it get cancelled will I be able to re apply again starting from scratch. Note that my BRP allows me to work in the UK as well. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa extension questions with long absence

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Family visa holders do not have absence limits
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ravilh123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ravilh123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:53 am

Hi, Does that mean that I can get my 33 month BRP renewed in November without a problem. Note that I have not been resident in UK for more than 12 months during the 33 month period. Please advice, Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 am

No issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice