ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation overcrowding law.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darryn1066
Newly Registered
Mood:

Accommodation overcrowding law.

Post by darryn1066 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Hello everyone.

I am a UK citizen returning to the UK with my family. Does anyone know that under appendix FM rules if my 2 daughters 18 and 14 can share a bedroom? it's a 2 bedroom flat with 2 double bedrooms.With a lounge too.They actually prefer to share a room as they are scared of ghosts. It's very common in Vietnam. Here in Vietnam we have 2 empty bedrooms because they prefer sharing.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Darryn

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Accommodation overcrowding law.

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:03 pm

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html

Your 18 year old would be considered an adult.

Are you children British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation overcrowding law.

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 pm

darryn1066 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
if my 2 daughters 18 and 14 can share a bedroom? it's a 2 bedroom flat with 2 double bedrooms.With a lounge too.They actually prefer to share a room as they are scared of ghosts. It's very common in Vietnam. Here in Vietnam we have 2 empty bedrooms because they prefer sharing.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Darryn
Maybe there is no overcrowding:
A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.