ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Emon14
Newly Registered

Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:41 am

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will help me about of my spouse visa application.
Online application submitted 1st may
Biometric taken 6th may
Documents lodge 15th may 66 Wilson Street London, after that did not receive any email or anything. 10th august refunded IHS fee I think application has been refunded but did not receive Passport and refusal letter. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks
Iqbal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:47 am

Is this an application for you within the UK?

What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am

Thanks for your reply
Yes for uk spouse visa, I have been uk around 9years I went in the uk by student visa and overstated around 4years failed asylum seekers as well.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am

Hi sorry it is outside the UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 am

Case that are complicated can take many months.

Where did you marry your spouse?

Does your spouse meet the financial requirements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am

We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Is there reviewing the applications again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 am

IHS refund usually means a visa refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:34 pm

But I didn't have a refusal letter and passport.
Do you have any idea how long they take give us decision after refunded IHS?
It's more than 3weeks
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:35 pm

It can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm

How long take the court for hearing date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm
How long take the court for hearing date?
For an Appeal if you get appeal rights?? Appeals can take months and sometime a year or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:52 pm

Spouse visa application they don't give appeal right sometimes?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am
We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Your marriage conducted under Islamic law in UK won't be valid and despite your partner is meeting financial requirement the criteria won't be met. Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Emon14 wrote:
Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
FLR(FP) wouldn't be an option as the Spouse visa application is from outside of the UK. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Emon14 wrote:
Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
FLR(FP) wouldn't be an option as the Spouse visa application is from outside of the UK. :idea:
]
Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am
Thanks for your reply
Yes for uk spouse visa, I have been uk around 9years I went in the uk by student visa and overstated around 4years failed asylum seekers as well.
OP seems in UK as an overstayer unless he clearly confirms that he left the UK and if so then as most of us know that flrfp is not possible from outside the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm

I don't understand what do you mean?
I didn't make an application FLR(FP) and I know it won't be valid application I made an application spouae visa appendix FM and our marriage register in Bangladesh it is acceptable under the uk law valid marriage.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm
I don't understand what do you mean?
I didn't make an application FLR(FP) and I know it won't be valid application I made an application spouae visa appendix FM and our marriage register in Bangladesh it is acceptable under the uk law valid marriage.
Thanks
Now you have clearly clarified. Yes your marriage will be accepted by UK law because conducted in Bangladesh. The reason you was told flrfp because your query was not clear as you left the UK rather was giving the sense that you are an overstayer and applied from UK and many times if deem necessary then UKVI divert the flrm into flrfp if they seems is appropriate. In your case the refund of ihs seems refusal unless by mistake you were charged twice the IHS.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am
Hi sorry it is outside the UK
@seagul This was the clue you missed early in the thread. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm

I know the application most likely refunded but my question ihs refunded 10 of August have not received refusal letter.
How long they take send refusal letter?
How long take appeal process till hearing?
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm
I know the application most likely refunded but my question ihs refunded 10 of August have not received refusal letter.
Thanks
So far its only the prediction that you might have been refused but usually in case of refusal the applicant is notified first before the refund of IHS. In my opinion you just need to wait n see and regarding appeal timeline you can search several threads on same forum.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 am

Emon14 wrote:
There's no exact way to know. Normally, Sheffield notifies you about the refusal by a letter, but in rare cases (like mine) you might get an email. Keep an eye on your phone and email, as there's no much you can do. You can also contact your VFS centre where you submitted your biometrics to ask if there are any updates. Unfortunately, it seems like your visa has been refused.

Emon14 wrote:
It really depends on the grounds for the refusal. If it was due to something really complex, a hearing can take up to months (even a year). If the refusal was Home Office's mistake or it was a straight forward case, it can be solved quite fast.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:57 am

I presume my visa has been refused. Did you received your decision by email? Did you have refund IHS before decision?
UKVI taking long send me the refusal letter that's why I'm worried!!
What was the ground of your refusal?

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:57 am
I presume my visa has been refused. Did you received your decision by email? Did you have refund IHS before decision?
UKVI taking long send me the refusal letter that's why I'm worried!!
What was the ground of your refusal?
Yes, I got the decision by email. First I noticed the IHS refund, then I received my documents back but no refusal letter attached. Thus, I called the VFS centre and they told me the decision had already been sent by email (which is quite uncommon). My refusal was based on the English certificate for not having an UKVI number.

It seems your decision letter is getting longer than expected. I suggest you to call your VFS centre, just to make sure they haven’t got anything and forgot to inform you.

Emon14
Newly Registered

Post by Emon14 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi, I went vfs 2weeks ago they said have not received letter from UKVI when they will receive they will contact me directly.
It has been passed 4weeks I have not heard anything from UKVI . It's really worried!!!

Emon14
Newly Registered

Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:32 am

Hi everybody,

I hope everyone doing well and someone can give me advice about of my current situation.
My spouse visa was refused September 2019 lodge appeal against of the decision.
4th of October got letter from the court notice of appeal pending and HO given 15weeks time review them decision.
The last date was 30th of January 2020 we have not received any reply from Home office or the court.
Contact to the court 31st January said they did not receive any appeal bundle from the Home office. So they will listing the hearing date and send to us soon.
Anyone have idea still Home office will upload the decision or they will overturn the decision? Because Home Office did not send them bundle to the court yet.
Many thanks
Iqbal