ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Application Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joe3474

FLR (M) Application Query

Post by Joe3474 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:22 pm

My partner will soon be arriving in the U.K on a 6 month fiancee visa.

My query is, how soon can we apply for the FLR(M) Visa? If we applied within, for example, 2 months with priority service, and it was granted the following week, would the visa be valid from the time it was granted OR does it start after 6 months, no matter how early we apply for it?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Application Query

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Valid from the time it is granted, regardless of when you apply.

Obviously you can apply for FLR m after you have married.

Note also that the 6 months fiance visa does not count towards the 60 month residnecy requirement for indefinite leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Joe3474 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:22 pm
My partner will soon be arriving in the U.K on a 6 month fiancee visa.

My query is, how soon can we apply for the FLR(M) Visa? If we applied within, for example, 2 months with priority service, and it was granted the following week, would the visa be valid from the time it was granted OR does it start after 6 months, no matter how early we apply for it?

Thanks in advance
You can apply as soon as you are married. The FLR(M) visa will start from the date it is granted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you so very much both of you