ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visa for dependent wife and dependent child of British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshaikh
Newly Registered

UK Family Visa for dependent wife and dependent child of British Citizen

Post by rshaikh » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:42 pm

Honourable Members,

I need your advice. My situation is as below.

I am a British Citizen. I become British Citizen in 2014 via UK Naturalisation process ( HSMP (2007)->Tier 1 ->Settlement-->British Citizen(2014)). I got married in 2008 and my wife came to the UK as my HSMP dependent in 2009. Our Son was born in the UK in 2010. Due to some reasons, my wife and my son returned to India in 2012 so they are still with Indian passport. They DO NOT have any valid UK Visa.

I returned to India in 2014 as OCI. I am currently working in India for an IT company since 3 years. Now I also got a UK Job offer. I want to return to UK along with my wife and my son. I need your guidance on which VISA should I apply for them.

Note : I meet Financial requirement. My wife meets English Requirement. Both have TB Screening done.
Note : I (sponsor , British citizen) is also returning back to the UK.

Please help with following questions.

1. Which Visa for gov.uk ? ( Family of settled person )
2. Do I need to make 2 online application ? One for Wife and another for my son?
3. How to link these two applications. Do I need to add wife's application reference into Son's application.
4. What is date of application means ? (date of online fee payment or VFS biometric submission)
5. I have marriage certificate which was used in previous applications. My wife's passport has my name as spouse and our son's birth certificate is from the UK and it has names of both parents. Is this sufficient to prove the relationships.

Anyone applied spouse visa along with children can add further.

Regards
Roshan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Family Visa for dependent wife and dependent child of British Citizen

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:20 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:06 am

UK born son is also entitled to register as a British citizen and subsequently apply for a British passport.

Timelines: MN1, Passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by rshaikh » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:52 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:06 am
UK born son is also entitled to register as a British citizen and subsequently apply for a British passport.

Timelines: MN1, Passport.
I do not think this is possible in my case.

My Child was born in UK when I was on Tier-1 visa. Then we took Indian passport for him. Then he returned to India and never came back to UK. Subsequently I applied for settlement and then British Passport. Can he get UK nationality now ?

My understanding is that he was eligible if he had stayed with me and applied settlement and nationality along with me. If I become father again then new child is eligible for citizenship , that is my understanding.

Do you agree ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:59 pm

It is possible. All children born in the UK are entitled to register as British, regardless of where they are living, once either parent is granted ilr. The UK born child does NOT need ilr.

Do click on the links that bunny has provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.