ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd wife spouse visa application from UK as ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Choudhury
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

2nd wife spouse visa application from UK as ILR

Post by Choudhury » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi, need advise/help please. I have ILR for the last 14 years, was too lazy to apply for British passport so still a Bangladeshi. My ex wife is a British Bangladeshi. I went to Bangladesh in last July and done my Bangladeshi divorce and got married there then. I got my UK absolute decree nisi done in here few months after. So basically I got married in Bangladesh before my uk divorce but I had the Bangladeshi divorce sorted then. My question is can I apply for my 2nd wife with Bangladeshi divorce certificate or Will it be void as UK divorce was not done then. I can go again and register a new marriage but the problem is my wife has a passport already with my name as her husband and she has passed her English test as well with that passport. So can’t have another passport with new date.
I’ll be ready to apply soon so I am worried if my application gets rejected. Could someone please advice me what options I have?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: 2nd wife spouse visa application from UK as ILR

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Choudhury wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm
I can go again and register a new marriage but the problem is my wife has a passport already with my name as her husband and she has passed her English test as well with that passport. So can’t have another passport with new date.
I’ll be ready to apply soon so I am worried if my application gets rejected. Could someone please advice me what options I have?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
It shouldn't cause any issue if you remarry or re-register your marriage after UK decree absolute and your new marriage certificate will contain same name.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Choudhury
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Choudhury » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Thanks for your reply, so having a passport with my name as husband and passing the English test with the same passport won’t cause a problem as we are going to use the same passport for visa? Yes I am planing to go back and remarry and re-register the marriage.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Choudhury wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm
Thanks for your reply, so having a passport with my name as husband and passing the English test with the same passport won’t cause a problem as we are going to use the same passport for visa? Yes I am planing to go back and remarry and re-register the marriage.
No issue but make sure to use same name on new marriage certificate which of course you will.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:42 pm

Are you able to re-marry in Bangladesh if your marriage was legally recognised there :?: :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Choudhury
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Choudhury » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am

Hi, yes It’s possible to get all the certificates again with new dates. So that’s not a problem. Thanks for your message