ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National Family Visitor (Wife and kids) visitor visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

syedsajjad
Newly Registered

British National Family Visitor (Wife and kids) visitor visa refused

Post by syedsajjad » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 am

My wife and kids applied for a UK Family visitor visa from Pakistan to visit myself (British National living in UK and earning 29K a year) received refusal.
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes

any suggestions for Pre Action Protocol?
How to chellange ?
What to chellange ?

Casa

Re: British National Family Visitor (Wife and kids) visitor visa refused

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:21 am

Did your wife submit evidence of strong ties to her home country? This would include documented evidence of financial self-sufficiency and/or dependence of any relatives not travelling with her, on-going employment or study, property ownership in Pakistan etc.

If you are solely supporting your wife and family financially, this would weaken an application.

In order to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that your wife and children won't overstay their visitor visa, you need to show that there are stronger reasons for them to return home than to remain with you in the UK. If you are unable to do this, submitting a PAP would be unlikely to achieve a positive result.

Why have they chosen not to settle with you in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: British National Family Visitor (Wife and kids) visitor visa refused

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:41 am

syedsajjad wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 am
My wife and kids applied for a UK Family visitor visa from Pakistan to visit myself (British National living in UK and earning 29K a year) received refusal.
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes

any suggestions for Pre Action Protocol?
How to chellange ?
What to chellange ?
They balance the ties to the home country against ties to the UK. If the ties to the UK are strong, such as having a partner there, the application must show even stronger ties to the home country, otherwise, such applications fail.

You probably need to consider the family visa especially that your revenue seems enough.