ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Income issue due to Coronavirus Impact

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dani786
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Income issue due to Coronavirus Impact

Post by Dani786 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 am

Hi
I would like some advice on my situation we were due to submit my Wife's Spouse Visa application in May 2020. I am currently working for my company who supply food products to the hospitality industry here in the UK. My six months would have been up at the end of April 2020 with this company and my salary is above the £18600 threshold. I cleared my 3 month probation period back in January and now a permanent employee but my six months with the company would have been by completed by end of April 2020. The issue now is that as of Yesterday the company had advised 90% of the staff to take temporary unpaid leave for approx 2 months due to the coronavirus pandemic. The UK Government has imposed social distancing measures which has had a negative impact on my company's order book. This now means that I will not get paid for the next 2 months. My concern is now that we were hoping to submit my Wife's visa in May once I had my last April Payslip but as I am not going to get paid in April due to the current situation will I have restart again once if and when I am back at work an go through the whole new 6 months consistent working? . Or due you think the Home Office will look sympathetically due the current unique situation everyone is in. Would they include the period that I am unpaid which only works about for 1 month what are your thoughts?

Thanks
D

Dani786
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Income issue due to Coronavirus Impact

Post by Dani786 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Any suggestions or advice on this would be much appreciated guys

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Hello

I am monitoring what the Home Office and other immigration authorities are publishing about the Coronavirus situation. I know that strong actions are being taken and new measures will come.

At the moment, I couldn't see any flexibility regarding the £18600 yearly revenue. The rules for this visa are sadly the same at the moment. But I hope there will be some leniency at one point. You just need to keep watching as things are moving rather quickly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Dani786 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 am
Hi
I would like some advice on my situation we were due to submit my Wife's Spouse Visa application in May 2020. I am currently working for my company who supply food products to the hospitality industry here in the UK. My six months would have been up at the end of April 2020 with this company and my salary is above the £18600 threshold. I cleared my 3 month probation period back in January and now a permanent employee but my six months with the company would have been by completed by end of April 2020. The issue now is that as of Yesterday the company had advised 90% of the staff to take temporary unpaid leave for approx 2 months due to the coronavirus pandemic. The UK Government has imposed social distancing measures which has had a negative impact on my company's order book. This now means that I will not get paid for the next 2 months. My concern is now that we were hoping to submit my Wife's visa in May once I had my last April Payslip but as I am not going to get paid in April due to the current situation will I have restart again once if and when I am back at work an go through the whole new 6 months consistent working? . Or due you think the Home Office will look sympathetically due the current unique situation everyone is in. Would they include the period that I am unpaid which only works about for 1 month what are your thoughts?

Thanks
D
Unfortunately there is no leniency offered yet by the immigration authorities except the government is urging to private landlord and mortgage providers to give at least 3 months of break and also possibly there might be no eviction/penalty levied where someone cannot pay his rent/mortgage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Musa

Post by Musa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi Dani

I am exectly in the same situation and have to apply for my wife ILR in May 2020 and that £18600 requirement will only be fullfilled if i work in April. Otherwise i m short of that financial requirement. My employer said they might lockdown from next week. I m really worried.

Lets hope for the best but for now there is no update on this situation.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:08 pm

In the worst case scenario there is a solution which might work but preferably it should be abstained that if you have already earned the sufficient income during the last 6 or 12 months then apply now and then delay your biometrics appointment until/around the qualifying date. Because the applicant need to be qualified on the date of decision which of course will be in future and also the documents dated including the income on/until the date of application matters.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.