ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancée visa to FLR(M) please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Fiancée visa to FLR(M) please help

Post by Jamal_013 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 am

Dear all,

I am posting this for a friend of mine. He came to the UK on a fiancé visa. His fiancée is a British citizen. They both were not aware of the long waiting times for obtaining an appointment for “intention of marriage” and thereafter the 29 days period during which you cannot get married. Their appointment for the above was on 6th February and hence it’s more than a month ago. They rang the office and they said everything is clear and can go ahead to get married. Now, the situation is that they are unable to get hold of an appointment up until the end of November at the registry office venue they mentioned during the interview. The fiancé visa is expiring on 07/04/2020. Now, what can they do to solve this situation???
Your help is much appreciated

Casa

Re: Fiancée visa to FLR(M) please help

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 am

Is the Registry office aware of the urgency?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Re: Fiancée visa to FLR(M) please help

Post by Jamal_013 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 am
Is the Registry office aware of the urgency?
Thank you so much for you response.
Yes, they have explained the situation, but they insist there is no available appointment until almost December