ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Extension - How advance one can apply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avaismohammad

Extending Tier 2 Dependant visa (sponsor now has ILR)

Post by avaismohammad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi there,
I am curious as to which route to go if I want to extend my wife's Tier 2 Dependant Visa.
My wife has a Tier 2 Dependant Visa which was granted when I was under Tier 2.
I recently got my ILR so now to extend her visa which route would be best and eligible?

A Link to the application form would be much appreciated (just for confirmation - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577216392 ?)
Thanks

Casa

Re: Extending Tier 2 Dependant visa (sponsor now has ILR)

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Were you granted ILR under the 5 year route to settlement, or long residence :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

avaismohammad

PBS Dependant Extension - How advance one can apply

Post by avaismohammad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi Guys,
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this query. How long before I can apply for my wife's PBS Dependant extension, her current visa expires on 24/11/2020 and we are planning a trip to Canada so would like to apply before the "within 28 days of expiry" which I heard from someone.
Say, can I apply 50-60 days before her current visa expiry?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Avais

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension - How advance one can apply

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:18 pm

avaismohammad wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm
Hi Guys,
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this query. How long before I can apply for my wife's PBS Dependant extension, her current visa expires on 24/11/2020 and we are planning a trip to Canada so would like to apply before the "within 28 days of expiry" which I heard from someone.
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Avais
You can apply at any time before the visa expiry date. Note that IHS is increasing in October.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avaismohammad

Post by avaismohammad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi Casa, apologies for the late reply on my previous post. I didnt get back here for a while, I got my ILR after Tier 2 Gen 5 year visa route.

avaismohammad

Post by avaismohammad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:18 pm
avaismohammad wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm
Hi Guys,
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Avais
You can apply at any time before the visa expiry date. Note that IHS is increasing in October.
Thank you CR001, thats a relief.
Someone in Facebook forum/page said it has to be within the 28 days and not a day before. I was planning to apply end of September to circumvent round the IHS increase, that would be ok right? (approx. 60 days before)
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Yes, fine to apply end of september.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avaismohammad

Post by avaismohammad » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Char,
Just thinking about it, a quick one. If I apply 2 months in advance my bank statements will also have to be prior than 2 months would HO accept that?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am

Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your biomteric appointment date.

p.s. can you also please desist from tagging your questions onto other users topics. Keep your questions in your own topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

avaismohammad

Post by avaismohammad » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your biomteric appointment date.

p.s. can you also please desist from tagging your questions onto other users topics. Keep your questions in your own topic!!!
Hi Char, thanks for the reply that answers my question :)
Also, apologies for asking questions elsewhere, I only asked to people about their outcome to share experience with exactly same question.
Thanks