ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Usa to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cptrosco
Newly Registered

Usa to uk

Post by cptrosco » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi all.

I am a British citizen and moved to the USA in 2010, my wife is American and we have 4 children.

We’re thinking of coming to the UK, how easy is it and what would she need to do to be allowed entrance with our children?

Casa

Re: Usa to uk

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:05 pm

cptrosco wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Hi all.

I am a British citizen and moved to the USA in 2010, my wife is American and we have 4 children.

We’re thinking of coming to the UK, how easy is it and what would she need to do to be allowed entrance with our children?
Providing your 4 children hold British nationality and a British passport, you will need to meet the following conditions:
1. Hold £62,500 in savings which have been in an accessible account for 6 months. These can be joint savings.
OR
2. Have £62,500 as proceeds of a house sale, which you aren't required to have held for 6 months
OR
3. Without savings, have earned the equivalent of £18,600 p.a in the USA during the 12 month period prior to submitting the spouse visa application AND have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival, again meeting the minimum earnings level of £18,600 p.a
Only your overseas earnings will qualify.

4. Have adequate accommodation available for your family on their arrival in the UK.

5. The visa fee is currently £1523.00 + £1200 for the NHS Surcharge. The surcharge is due to increase to £1875 in October 2020

If the visa is granted your wife will have 30 days in which to travel to the UK and collect her British Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 days of arrival. This will grant your wife an initial 2.5 years of residence, after which she will have to apply for a further 2.5 year extension, before qualifying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.