ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 months and counting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Efficasy

Covid-19 | 10 year partner route visa expiry.

Post by Efficasy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Please,
Can someone advice. I have gathered all my documents ready and tried to schedule appointment today only to find the online appointment service is suspended due to covid 19.

My visa (10 yr partner route) expires 10th May.

Any advice on what to do? It appears Visitors will be given automatic extension, but no information on temporary resident - partner route.

Also my English A2 test has been cancelled.

Any advise please. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Covid-19 | 10 year partner route visa expiry.

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm

If you have applied, submitted and paid online already, then it is an in time application and no need to worry. Simply book an appointment for biometrics when the centres reopen. Same for English test
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Efficasy wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:26 pm
Please,
Can someone advice. I have gathered all my documents ready and tried to schedule appointment today only to find the online appointment service is suspended due to covid 19.

My visa (10 yr partner route) expires 10th May.

Any advice on what to do? It appears Visitors will be given automatic extension, but no information on temporary resident - partner route.

Also my English A2 test has been cancelled.

Any advise please. Thanks.
I don't think you will need A2 test on 10 years of partner route. But weirdly the online application still ask it as per by few members.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:38 pm

I haven't applied yet, I was looking to apply today.

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Bump

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:58 am

Those who wish to apply under the 10 years but unable to do so as a result of social distancing, should state this on the application.

I suspect if this goes on, changes will have to be made to the regulations to enable consideration of application without biometric enrollment.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:00 am

Those who wish to apply under the 10 years but unable to do so as a result of social distancing, should state this on the application.

I suspect if this goes on, changes will have to be made to the regulations to enable consideration of application without biometric enrollment.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Efficasy

Application fees

Post by Efficasy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:50 am

Anyone able to shed some light please, just want to know the application fee for renewal 10yr partner route.

I believe NHS surcharge will be £1200, just need to know the application fee for the visa please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Application fees

Post by TODMATT » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 am

Application fee £1,033
Biometrics fee £19.20
IHS fee £1,000
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 am
IHS fee £1,000
IHS is £1200 (£400 per year or part thereof).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:13 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 am
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 am
IHS fee £1,000
IHS is £1200 (£400 per year or part thereof).
A 2.5 year visa extension is £1000 (£400 + £400 + £200) IHS not £1200.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Thanks guys!

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I’m completing the online form to work out payment.

I’m on 10yr partner route. I’m guessing I’ll have to select FLR or will it be FLRM ?

Many
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Efficasy wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Hi guys,

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I’m completing the online form to work out payment.

I’m on 10yr partner route. I’m guessing I’ll have to select FLR or will it be FLRM ?

Many
Thanks
Unless someone gone through previously from exactly the same situation nobody else can provide accurate reply due to having no access to online forms. Generally speaking 10 years route falls under flrfp but flrfp contains several categories under private family life and great care should be exercised when choosing from the list.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Efficasy

Online application | UK Further leave

Post by Efficasy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:52 am

Haa anyone here used the online visa application form.

Do you have to upload supporting documents as part of the application or is this done separately at UKVCAS appointment centre?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application | UK Further leave

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 am

Efficasy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:52 am
Haa anyone here used the online visa application form.

Do you have to upload supporting documents as part of the application or is this done separately at UKVCAS appointment centre?

Kind regards
Supporting documents are uploaded online onto the UKCVAS portal AFTER you have submitted and paid the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:18 am

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Pardon my naïvety! Is this done as one single process or do I pay and submit. Then upload the documents separately?

I’m Asking because I plan to make the online application tomorrow but haven’t scanned my documents yet. I want to know I can go ahead and apply then scan the documents and upload later?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:33 am

Pardon my naïvety! Is this done as one single process or do I pay and submit. Then upload the documents separately?

I’m Asking because I plan to make the online application tomorrow but haven’t scanned my documents yet. I want to know I can go ahead and apply then scan the documents and upload later?
You pay and submit and then scan and upload later, before your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:27 pm

The scanning and uploading will be done through the UKVCAS system, which you will be prompted to setup an account for after submitting the application. It's a completely separate process on a separate website.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:58 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:27 pm
The scanning and uploading will be done through the UKVCAS system, which you will be prompted to setup an account for after submitting the application. It's a completely separate process on a separate website.

Brilliant! Thank you.

Efficasy

Post by Efficasy » Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 am

Sorry to be a pain guys.

I have finally submitted and awaiting further information from UKVCAS re: booking an appointment.

As it stands, I have all my documents ready but a little paranoid that I may or might not have enough.

The ukvi checklist says:

“ You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside together at the same address.”

I’m I right in thinking the following should suffice:

We have, 3 different sources in JOINT NAMES:
council tax - 3 annual bills covering last two years

water bill - 4 statements covering last two years

joint back statements - several statements covering last two years.

Or do I need more?

Many thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat May 02, 2020 8:43 am

Efficasy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 am

Or do I need more?

Many thanks
You would be fine with those. If you are submitting jointly addressed items, you only need to provide six items from at least 3 different sources. There's no real benefit to providing significantly more than is necessary to meet the requirement. From what you have pick six pieces spread roughly evenly over the last two years (maybe one or two extra if you're really concerned about not having enough).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Efficasy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 am

Or do I need more?

Many thanks
These all are acceptable sources but some evidences are only generated once a year e.g council tax which although cover the whole year but only its date of issuance will matter. In that case fill the gap with other evidences evenly and if necessary then add evidences addressed in individual names.

Efficasy

5 months and counting

Post by Efficasy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:06 am

Submit Flrm in April 2020, didn’t get biometric appointment till first week in September 2020. Still no decision. My employer has been extending my contract in a monthly basis & I’m under pressure to produce right to work soon as possible.

Also, I was due to start Open uni but couldn’t enrol. OU were adamant they can’t assess my fee status unless they see my visa - despite showing proof of application- and I can’t enrol without fee assessment.

I’m really getting frustrated. I know covid has had an impact on processing times, but my life is technically on hold. I could loose my job anytime soon with no recourse to public fund.

Anyone else in similar situation?