ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone on spouse visa change route?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Can someone on spouse visa change route?

Post by Hopejoce17 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can help or offer some insight.....

My good friends husband is on a spouse visa and has been here for nearly five years, from Jamaica, we are in the same boat and I'm just starting my husbands ILR. NShe however, wants to change her husbands 5 year route to the 10 year route as her husbands reading is very poor, so she doesn't want him to do the Life in England test.

So the question is can she do that? I have told her I don't think that is possible so just putting it out there.... Anybody know or heard of a situation like this? How long do you get to take the test and pass?

Is there somewhere that she can get further advice without having a Solicitor?

Thanks guys for any help on this matter :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can someone on spouse visa change route?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:35 pm

Yes, they can apply on the FLR fp route or extend the FLR m route again. FLR fp is a new 10 year route to ilr.

It is not mandatory to apply for ilr after 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Post by Hopejoce17 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:12 pm

Oh wow! I didn't realise that😏....really glad I asked. I knew I could get the info from here as this was my go to site when I had any questions regarding my husbands visa, which meant I didn't have to use a Solicitor!

Thank you for your swift response and all the great work you guys do on here👌. Glad to be part of a great info network!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:29 pm

If your friend's husband has difficulty in reading, he can choose to listen to the questions during the test through head-phones which will be provided on request. Many choose this, especially if they aren't proficient in reading English (Roman) text. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Post by Hopejoce17 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi,
Thank you, I will let her know this too! You guys are really knowledgeable and I'm so glad I was able to get this info to share!! :D

Thanks again.