ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Visitor visa to Family route during COVID-19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalven

Switching from Visitor visa to Family route during COVID-19

Post by kalven » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello

Apologies if this is a Dumb question. I do not understand the meaning of switching form Vistor visa to Family route until 31st July 2020, as mentioned yesterday.

Does that mean my parents (both mother and father) who are in visitor visa in UK can switch to parent/ elderly dependent visa within UK and can be my dependents?

Please advise

Many Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Switching from Visitor visa to Family route during COVID-19

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello

no no no

Don't mess with visitor visa please.

You may create a big mess here. Your parents are getting a visitor visa from the Home Office which is a good thing. Any attempt to stay would likely fail and get them blacklisted for future visitor visas (I mean forever, really).

ADR visas carry a huge refusal rate and the level of proof for the dependency is massive. Literally if you are not personally taking the person to the bathroom and feeding the person spoon-by-spoon, you stand nearly no chance.

I am telling you in no uncertain words that you may end up with your parents unable to visit the UK in this embodiment. I prefer to be upfront about the risk now to avoid you coming here in one year time asking how to get a visitor visa after a failed ADR.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:19 pm

No, there is no room for switching from visitor visa to family route.
On the government website which I believe you went through to making their application, there is a section stating what you can and what you can not do while on the visitor visa.
One of what you can not do that is clearly written is not being able to switch to other categories of visas.

kalven

Post by kalven » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Ok Thank you both for this. I understand regarding ADR visa and I was surpised regarding this switching. Now I clearly understand it.

Its better they visit me every year then.. Thanks for the advise. much appreciate.