ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Extension to spouse visa

Post by Tehmina80 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:06 pm

My husband came to the UK on a spouse visa which now expires end of July. I am right in thinking that he now needs to apply for an extension?

Please can someone guide me to the form we need to complete, what supporting documents we need to send? How much is the cost?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Extension to spouse visa

Post by seagul » Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2020

Supporting documents will be almost same except subsisting relationship evidences will be replaced with 2 years of cohabitation evidences and A1 will be replaced with A2 test whereas remaining all financial, accomodation will remain same.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:14 pm

I am right in thinking that he now needs to apply for an extension?
Yes, another 2.5 year extension.
Please can someone guide me to the form we need to complete,
Form FLR M.
what supporting documents we need to send?
Proof of meeting the financial requirements (payslips and banks statements for the last 6 months before date of application and employer letter. More documents required if self employed), proof of cohabitation in both names at the same address from 3 to 6 sources, spread evenly every 3 months for the last 2 years, English A2 minimum from an HO approved test provider, passports for both of you and his brp card.
How much is the cost?
£1033 visa fee plus £1000 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Extension to spouse visa

Post by Tehmina80 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi all, just gathering all my documents for my husband's extension to his spouse visa. I have 2 questions please.

1) on the online form it asks have do you own or rent the house you live in? Well I, his wife own it but he is currently paying the mortgage. So what do we put?

2) we have joint name letters of any kind over the last two years so we have to provide
12 items (6 each) of correspondence to our address. He only has bank statements in his name.
So is it 6 different bank statements from him and me? Would that suffice?

Thank you all in advance, this forum is a lifesaver.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Tehmina80 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm
Hi all, just gathering all my documents for my husband's extension to his spouse visa. I have 2 questions please.

1) on the online form it asks have do you own or rent the house you live in? Well I, his wife own it but he is currently paying the mortgage. So what do we put? Own

2) we have joint name letters of any kind over the last two years so we have to provide
12 items (6 each) of correspondence to our address. He only has bank statements in his name.
So is it 6 different bank statements from him and me? Would that suffice? No, as the proof of joint address must be from at least 3 different sources. Any correspondence with name, address and date will be accepted.

Thank you all in advance, this forum is a lifesaver.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Post by Tehmina80 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Our current visa expires on the 4th July 2020, Ive just about completed the online form and gathered all my documentation. I'm feeling sick to my stomach have I left it to late?

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Post by Tehmina80 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Also another question how do I send off the documents required? Do you scan them all in to a portal? Or send by post? Asking because I'm planning to go to a friends to print off alot of bank statements online but if its uploading documents I won't need to do that! Thanks all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:41 pm

All documents are uploaded to the ukcvas portal..nothing is posted to ho.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:16 am

Tehmina80 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 pm
Our current visa expires on the 4th July 2020, Ive just about completed the online form and gathered all my documentation. I'm feeling sick to my stomach have I left it to late?
If you can gather all relevant documentations, within acceptable dates and submit your application before expiration of current leave, then you have not left it too late.

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Post by Tehmina80 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:20 am

The online application is asking wether partner has A1 English certificate which he has (he did this as part of the original application) am I right in thinking that you don't need to do another test? The online application is asking for a copy of the old cert.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 am

A spouse visa extension requires English A2. The A1 will not be sufficient or accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Tehmina80 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:20 am
The online application is asking wether partner has A1 English certificate which he has (he did this as part of the original application) am I right in thinking that you don't need to do another test? The online application is asking for a copy of the old cert.
You do need to do need another test. The requirement for extension is A2. However, if confident and able to do B1, it will save you cost and time down the line.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Tehmina80 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:20 am
That is an older error that seems to haven't been rectified yet and the same catalysed few refusals in past.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Post by Tehmina80 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Oh dear that's worrying. We have got to the final stage in the application yet where it talks about further actions. Can someone shed some light on this please. Our visa expires on the 4th July, what if we don't have e enough time to do the new English test? Plus does he have to attend a biometric appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Book an English test and make sure it is before the biometric appointment.

The A2 requirment came into effect in 2016. It is an applicants responsibility to make sure they meet all requirements.

immigration-for-family-members/importan ... 19289.html

Yes, everyone making an application has to attend a biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Tehmina80 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm
. Our visa expires on the 4th July, what if we don't have e enough time to do the new English test?
You can apply without it and can submit it later until the date of biometrics enrollment. Also if you have a foreign bachelor degree then may consider the NARIC comparability route which maybe quicker than the test.

Tehmina80
Newly Registered

Post by Tehmina80 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Please could someone give me the number to call to enquire about our spouse visa extension?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 pm

See if this helps any.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."