ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

appendixfma
Newly Registered

Sponsor Medical Issues

Post by appendixfma » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 am

Hi,

The sponsor wants to use the Appendix FM 1.7a (she is receiving PIP) to meet the financial requirements. The issue is that she is not able to speak or move easily. So, will it be an issue for her partner especially when the HO wants to perform an interview?

I did not find any similar case here.

Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Re: Sponsor Medical Issues

Post by geoeng » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:32 pm

It shouldn't be an issue and I think the Home Office would be expected to make reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legislation. Might be worth mentioning in the application so they're aware, not everyone is interviewed though.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

appendixfma
Newly Registered

English Language Test

Post by appendixfma » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:09 am

Hi,

I am applying for an extension of Spouse visa and need to pass an A2 test. As you know many test centers were closed in the UK and I have tried to book a test since April with no success. It has been cancelled and rescheduled couple of times. Last time it was not cancelled due to the closure of the test centre but because of the limited availability. Now, the test is rescheduled for a date after my visa expiry. UKVI guidance is very vague as it covers only the situation where the test centre is closed which is not my case.

So, what should I do? Should I submit the application and then provide the test certificate before the appointment date?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: English Language Test

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:30 am

appendixfma wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:09 am
Hi,

I am applying for an extension of Spouse visa and need to pass an A2 test. As you know many test centers were closed in the UK and I have tried to book a test since April with no success. It has been cancelled and rescheduled couple of times. Last time it was not cancelled due to the closure of the test centre but because of the limited availability. Now, the test is rescheduled for a date after my visa expiry. UKVI guidance is very vague as it covers only the situation where the test centre is closed which is not my case.

So, what should I do? Should I submit the application and then provide the test certificate before the appointment date?
There are a lot of scenarios that UKVI guidance can not cover. This is still a period of phased openings and uncertainties. Submit the application and see if you can get the English test certificate for uploading before your biometrics. Providing a cover letter detailing your particular situation may also be helpful.