ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 English Test certificate not accepted for extension visa!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

liyam

Coronavirus “furlough” acceptable for spouse visa?

Post by liyam » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:31 pm

My employer has asked us to stay home and they will pay 80% of the salary which is paid by the government!

I’m on 20,000 a year and if I received 20% less it’ll bring me below the £18600 threshold.

Even when I spoke to my employer and explained what the situation is and he said he might be able to pay the extra 20% from his pocket, his accountant now says it’s not acceptable by the home Office because 80% of it is counted as benefit and won’t be acceptable as I’m working, because this can only be paid if I’m laid off!

Does anyone have e any idea what should I do in such situation?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Coronavirus “furlough” acceptable for spouse visa?

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 pm

That is a grant to business and aren't considered as public fund. Also employer can pay extra.
How much you’ll get
Your employer will get a grant to cover 80% of your regular wages, up to a maximum of £2,500.

Firms will be eligible for the grant from the date you ceased work, from 1 March. Your employer:

¤will pay you at least 80% of your regular monthly wages, up to a maximum of £2,500, as your wage

¤can claim for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks and for up to 3 months - but this may be extended

¤can choose to pay you more than the grant - but they do not have to

¤cannot choose to pay you less than the grant
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-yo ... -youll-get
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

liyam

Post by liyam » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, however, is being furloughed acceptable by the home office?

Last thing I want is to apply for my wife’s visa extension and they say I’ve been furloughed and can’t be accepted!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 pm

Your topic raises an interesting question for which there is no guidance from the Home Office yet, as everywhere is shut.

If a worker is being furloughed in circumstances where their earnings was 18600 but as a result of being furloughed, the government 80% falls short of that amount. Which earning will be considered, is it the employer contractual earnings before the crisis or the furloughed earnings.

Being furloughed is clearly not your fault and of your making, so that should not be held against you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 am

Obie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 pm
Your topic raises an interesting question for which there is no guidance from the Home Office yet, as everywhere is shut.

If a worker is being furloughed in circumstances where their earnings was 18600 but as a result of being furloughed, the government 80% falls short of that amount. Which earning will be considered, is it the employer contractual earnings before the crisis or the furloughed earnings.

Being furloughed is clearly not your fault and of your making, so that should not be held against you.
I agree with you but do you think HO will addressed these concerns? which is facing a lot of people especially does who are the 6 months of employment to meet the requirement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:04 am

liyam wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:31 pm
Thanks for the reply, however, is being furloughed acceptable by the home office?

Last thing I want is to apply for my wife’s visa extension and they say I’ve been furloughed and can’t be accepted!
That grant you will receive in the form of your regular wages which will equally be taxed and yield payslips, therefore, if it would be sufficient & supporting documents will be provided then there shouldn't be any issue.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

liyam

Post by liyam » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you everyone for taking the time and replying to my concerns.

My boss (employer) now has confirmed that he’s happy to pay me the 20% to bring my earning to exactly what it has been before so thankfully there seem to be no changes in my salary after all.

I’m hoping that I understood your point correctly that even though 80% of my salary isn’t coming from my employer and I’m sitting at home “furloughed” when comes to applying for my wife’s extension visa, home office finds my salary and payslip appropriate?

I’m cautious because despite providing HO with everything they needed when applied for my wife’s entry clearance (first 2.5 visa) they rejected me, because they said they didn’t believe our over 2 years of marriage was genuine!

I then appealed and took HO to court and in then end at the tribunal the HO officer admitted their boss (office management) have purposely overlooked the supporting documents I’ve given and did not submit everything I sent to them with my application!!!

The judge (wonderful lady) was very angry with him and that was enough for me to win the tribunal ... but at what cost? Over 13 months of extended wait and being apart and over £1500 of lawyer fees... I haven’t got a good experience with HO I’m afraid and I think they’re simply the most inhuman organisation in the country.

Luckyagbomu
Mood:

Post by Luckyagbomu » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi
Just thought to add to your comments.
I had similar problems with the HO. However, the 2nd 2.5yrs was much more easier because we live together etc and I didn’t have to provide so much information like the entry clearance visa.

Planning to apply for ILR. Done everything and this bloody virus ruined everything and now I’m basically *****
I’m also in a similar situation regarding getting paid 80% and I hope the HO don’t mess me up coz of that.

I wish you all the best though.

liyam

Time to apply for Visa Extension please help.

Post by liyam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Dear valued members and moderators of the forum,

My wife’s First 2.5 years visa is Ending in Exactly 32 days.

I meet the minimum salary threshold and have payslips For the past 6 months but I am being made redundant from this month, would I be ok applying for the visa in August while I could be laid off and still looking for a job?

The last 6 months shows I meet the requirements for a 5 years route!

Also as I’m about to start the application in few days, but there’s so little about visa extension and everything is about the entry clearance instead!
do I still need everything I supplied for the entry clearance again ?

Such as;
◦ Letter from landlord
◦ Water bills, electricity bills
◦ Wife birth certificate + translation (It’s not in English)
◦ Marriage certificate + translation (it’s not in English)
◦ Wife passport
◦ My passport
◦ English test again as she already has B1
◦ Child’s UK birth certificate
◦ Child’s British passport
◦ Wife 2 passport-sized photos
◦ Photos together as a family showing we are still together?!
◦ Cover letter from my employer
◦ Cover letter from myself?

Also are there anything else needed?

Thanks very much I’m advance, I find the government website too confusing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time to apply for Visa Extension please help.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am

Topics Merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

liyam

Post by liyam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 pm

You merged this thread with something that’s been dealt with and now it’s hard to get an answer from someone!

I’d appreciate it if you could leave these as separate threads as my latter thread isn’t about furlough like the last one was!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:04 pm

liyam wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 pm
You merged this thread with something that’s been dealt with and now it’s hard to get an answer from someone!

I’d appreciate it if you could leave these as separate threads as my latter thread isn’t about furlough like the last one was!

Thanks
Everyone can see your topic. Members can choose to respond if they wish to or not at all. Added to that, the forum was unavailable for most of yesterday afternoon and evening until around 8pm.

See also the forum rule link below on multiple topics!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

liyam

Post by liyam » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Regarding a spouse extension visa, I appreciate if anyone is able to answer my questions.

do I still need everything I supplied for the entry clearance again for applying for the extension visa?

Such as;
◦ Letter from landlord
◦ Water bills, electricity bills
◦ Wife passport
◦ My passport
◦ Wife 2 passport-sized photos
◦ Photos together as a family showing we are still together?!
◦ Cover letter from myself?

Also are there anything else needed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:38 pm

do I still need everything I supplied for the entry clearance again for applying for the extension visa?
No, assuming you are referring to whatsapp chat, photos etc etc.
Such as;
◦ Letter from landlord
◦ Water bills, electricity bills You need two years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 - 6 sources spread evenly for every 3 or 4 months.
◦ Wife passport
◦ My passport
◦ Wife 2 passport-sized photos NOT Required
◦ Photos together as a family showing we are still together?! NOT Required
◦ Cover letter from myself? NOT Required
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:33 pm

liyam wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

I meet the minimum salary threshold and have payslips For the past 6 months but I am being made redundant from this month, would I be ok applying for the visa in August while I could be laid off and still looking for a job?
Better to apply before being redundant and request the caseworker to consider your income till the date of application.

liyam

Post by liyam » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:38 pm
Such as;
◦ Letter from landlord
◦ Water bills, electricity bills You need two years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 - 6 sources spread evenly for every 3 or 4 months.
◦ Wife passport
◦ My passport
Thanks for the reply, we don't have that many bills between us I'm afraid especially covering over 2 years of it, there's a water bill in both our names, elec&gas provided by same company only in my name, council tax has always been in my name although the council knows I live with my wife and our 2 years old child, EE mobile bills for both of us in her name, we both have credit cards too ... that's about it!

Is there a way to get round this? I don't know why and how we would need 6 bills in each of our name tbh?! we simply don't have that many direct debits to give us a month bill.

Can we use the same B1 english test certificate?

Looking to translate the marriage and birth certificate again, many translators charge extra £20 to certify it themselves while tranlating, are these good enough for the HO?

liyam

Post by liyam » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:33 pm
liyam wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Better to apply before being redundant and request the caseworker to consider your income till the date of application.
Thanks for your reply, I'm running into another issue as my payslips are issued every 5th of the months, salary reaches my account every 6th of the months, but my statements cut of dates are actually the 5th too meaning there will always be 30+ days between the payslip and the statement showing that specific wage!

For this I have to use my next months (last) payslip but statement showing the last months wage! only this way I can provide these documents within 28 days of them being issued.

Home Office must have too much hate towards British people marrying none Brits/Europeans that made it so hard. I don't care how much they claim they're trying to control the immigration but people like us married, having children and living our normal life wouldn't be classed as danger I guess... Can't help the negative feeling I have over all this unfair system.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am

For this I have to use my next months (last) payslip but statement showing the last months wage! only this way I can provide these documents within 28 days of them being issued.
Nothing is preventing you from going into the bank and getting a statement printed!!
Home Office must have too much hate towards British people marrying none Brits/Europeans that made it so hard.

It isn't really hard. However, it is harder than it was in 2012 and that was due to years of abuse of the spouse visa route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

liyam

Post by liyam » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am
Nothing is preventing you from going into the bank and getting a statement printed!!
Is it acceptable if bank prints the last 6 months regardless of it being the exact separate monthly bill? lets say a print showing 15th Jan to 15th July?! I didn't know this!
It isn't really hard. However, it is harder than it was in 2012 and that was due to years of abuse of the spouse visa route.
I agree but they're not stupid, they can see since she came to the country we have a child, in fact we are expecting our second child around the same time her visa is due too, I'm thinking they're also making huge amount of money from this too as some of the costs are getting way too high.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:24 pm

liyam wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:38 pm
Such as;
◦ Letter from landlord
◦ Wife passport
◦ My passport
Thanks for the reply, we don't have that many bills between us I'm afraid especially covering over 2 years of it, there's a water bill in both our names, elec&gas provided by same company only in my name, council tax has always been in my name although the council knows I live with my wife and our 2 years old child, EE mobile bills for both of us in her name, we both have credit cards too ... that's about it!

Is there a way to get round this? I don't know why and how we would need 6 bills in each of our name tbh?! we simply don't have that many direct debits to give us a month bill.

Can we use the same B1 english test certificate? Yes

Looking to translate the marriage and birth certificate again, many translators charge extra £20 to certify it themselves while tranlating, are these good enough for the HO?

liyam

Post by liyam » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:14 pm

Regarding translated birth and marriage certificate, we found the ones we made for the entry clearance (we made 2 copies of each) dated april 2016, are these acceptable or even these need to be max 28 days old?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm

liyam wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:14 pm
Regarding translated birth and marriage certificate, we found the ones we made for the entry clearance (we made 2 copies of each) dated april 2016, are these acceptable or even these need to be max 28 days old?
28 days restriction won't apply for this as these will be accepted.

liyam

Post by liyam » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:58 pm

That's great news, thanks very much. one less thing to worry about.

liyam

Post by liyam » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:36 am

Do we need to scan every single pages of our passports (wife’s, mine and children)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:44 am

liyam wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:36 am
Do we need to scan every single pages of our passports (wife’s, mine and children)?
For sponsor scan the biometrics / bio data page. For applicants scan all pages.