ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION AT TWO ADDRESSES

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shambolic
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION AT TWO ADDRESSES

Post by Shambolic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi,

Just joined this site and there are some extremely knowledgeable people on here.
I have a new dilemma.

We did the initial 33 months Visa - Still got about 6 weeks to go to expiry and applying for an extension.
No issues with meeting the requirements. However,

I own my own house with my brother who is married. Mum lives with us.

Lived at my house for around 6 months after my partner came to the UK on her new spouse visa and decided we need some space and privacy so we rented a 1 bed flat and stay there most of the time and have had the rental now over 2 years.

At the rental flat,
We have joint documents of council tax and tenancy agreement.
My partner has individually addressed items - lots.
But I don't have any.

At the main address.
We have a joint bank account.
I have individually addressed items - lots.
My partner has 2 individual bank accounts and a couple of others like NHS.
She had an Electricity bill when we lived at the main address initially but not anymore as this was changed over to my mum.

So basically, we am mixed between 2 addresses.

The good thing is that all the transactions for council tax and rent, coincides with our joint and personal accounts so it links together.

Are my stressing for no reason and should just explain the situation and will be all ok? Never know nowadays so was wondering if anyone can shed some light.

Confusing I know, please can you help out?

Thank you in advance

Sham

geoeng
Canada

Re: SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION AT TWO ADDRESSES

Post by geoeng » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 am

The intent of the requirement to provide evidence of correspondence is to prove that you lived together at the same address. You would be able to use evidence from more than one address if that is where you were living together at the time; however, you may have an issue if you are providing documents showing you lived at different addresses from each other at any time.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 am

Thank you Geoeng,

Can i ask something else please?

So basically.

Main Address:
Dec 2017 to May 2018.

We Joint Account Statements.
II have upto 4 other bills/documents.
Mrs has 1 Utility Bill, 1 NHS Letter.

Rental Address:
May 2018 to date.

We have Joint Rental Agreements & Council Tax
I have nothing else.
Mrs has Utility Bills - Upto 4 Types.

Is it worth me Contacting some of the utility companies and adding my name? Such as Sky?

Also, if our Personal Bank accounts and Joint account is still at the main address, you think that ok?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance.

Sham

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:41 am

Shambolic wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 am
Is it worth me Contacting some of the utility companies and adding my name? Such as Sky?
Yes. It probably won't help much with this visa application as I doubt they would retroactively add your name to bills, but you will have to do this again for the next application so it would be worth getting started on making sure you have the necessary documents for the future.

You only need to prove you lived together for the last two years prior to the application date, not the entirely validity period of the current visa.

The requirement is to show that you lived at the same address together, at the same time. Whether they would consider it acceptable that you may have lived together in multiple addresses at the same time, I honestly don't know, it certainly makes it difficult to prove you were actually living together at any time and not separately.
Shambolic wrote:
Also, if our Personal Bank accounts and Joint account is still at the main address, you think that ok?
Don't know. I'm not sure if anyone would look at it that closely to see if it is different or not. It may cause some suspicion why it would be different from the rest of your documentation but if you have an explanation, I don't see how it would be in contravention of the requirements.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am

Shambolic wrote:

Main Address:
Dec 2017 to May 2018.
You probably won't need to provide any cohabitation evidence during above dates because only last 2 years from the date of application matters.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Thank you very much for all of your reply’s.

Told you this will be a difficult one.

I’m going to look through documentation etc to see if I can get anything more in my name at the rental flat. We have 2 strong joints which is the Council Tax and Rent Agreements. Mrs is fine as all the bills have been in her name anyway.

So I just need to try and get 2-3 documents in my name at the rental.

Can you advise if Amazon delivery invoices are any good?

Thanks for all of your help. Been brilliant!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Shambolic wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Can you advise if Amazon delivery invoices are any good?

Thanks for all of your help. Been brilliant!!
No unless printed on letterhead.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:11 am

Thanks Seagul,

Your very helpful. So can please get help with one more thing.

The only other correspondence I have on the rental flat is letters from work which show both my addresses. Rental in brackets as (For Correspondence).

Do you think I can use these?

Also, when we moved in, The Electricity bills came through as the 'Current Occupier' and were all paid for using our joint account. Can I include these also?

i'm sort of running out of options and may just explain it to them in writing and state the facts in the cover letter and mention that I have 2 addresses, Hence why my bank accounts haven't been changed but live at the flat. It's not just me, even the Applicants bank accounts, NHS, DVLA all at the main address.

My Evidence is looking like this: or am I going overboard or if you think I should omit anything from below.

May 18: (Joint) Council Tax - Source 1
Jul 18: (Sponsor) Work Letter to confirm Correspondence Address Added. Source 2
Jul 18: (Applicant) Sky Welcome Letter. Source 3
Sep 18: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
Oct 18: (Current Occupier) Electricity Bill - Paid using our Joint Account - Source 5.
Dec 18: (Sponsor) Work Letter confirming Salary Increase. Both Addresses. Source 2
Jan 19: (Current Occupier) Electricity Bill - Paid using our Joint Account- Source 5.
Feb 19: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
May 19: (Joint) Tenancy Renewal - Source 6.
Aug 19: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
Oct 19: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Dec 19: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Dec 19 (Sponsor) Work Letter confirming Salary Increase. Both Addresses. Source 2
Mar 20: (Joint) Council Tax - Source 1
May 20: (Joint) Tenancy Renewal - Source 6.
Jun 20: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Jul 20: (Sponsor) Work Letter to confirm Pay/Employment Status, etc. Source 2

I Simply don't have anything else to my name on this address. Like an idiot, I left everything at my other house.

Thanks for the advice, I understand the importance of changing everything to the 1 address for future applications.

Appreciated as always,

Thanks
Sham,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:10 am

Shambolic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:11 am
Thanks Seagul,

Your very helpful. So can please get help with one more thing.

The only other correspondence I have on the rental flat is letters from work which show both my addresses. Rental in brackets as (For Correspondence).

Do you think I can use these?

Also, when we moved in, The Electricity bills came through as the 'Current Occupier' and were all paid for using our joint account. Can I include these also?

i'm sort of running out of options and may just explain it to them in writing and state the facts in the cover letter and mention that I have 2 addresses, Hence why my bank accounts haven't been changed but live at the flat. It's not just me, even the Applicants bank accounts, NHS, DVLA all at the main address.

My Evidence is looking like this: or am I going overboard or if you think I should omit anything from below.

May 18: (Joint) Council Tax - Source 1
Jul 18: (Sponsor) Work Letter to confirm Correspondence Address Added. Source 2
Jul 18: (Applicant) Sky Welcome Letter. Source 3
Sep 18: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
Oct 18: (Current Occupier) Electricity Bill - Paid using our Joint Account - Source 5.
Dec 18: (Sponsor) Work Letter confirming Salary Increase. Both Addresses. Source 2
Jan 19: (Current Occupier) Electricity Bill - Paid using our Joint Account- Source 5.
Feb 19: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
May 19: (Joint) Tenancy Renewal - Source 6.
Aug 19: (Applicant) Water Bill - Source 4.
Oct 19: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Dec 19: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Dec 19 (Sponsor) Work Letter confirming Salary Increase. Both Addresses. Source 2
Mar 20: (Joint) Council Tax - Source 1
May 20: (Joint) Tenancy Renewal - Source 6.
Jun 20: (Applicant) Electricity Bill - Name Updated. Same as Source 5.
Jul 20: (Sponsor) Work Letter to confirm Pay/Employment Status, etc. Source 2

I Simply don't have anything else to my name on this address. Like an idiot, I left everything at my other house.

Thanks for the advice, I understand the importance of changing everything to the 1 address for future applications.

Appreciated as always,

Thanks
Sham,
Any correspondence lacking the addressee name isn't considered for any purposes. Another evidence can be joint named deposit protection certificate (you might not have noticed about it).

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks.

I have got them and can separate off because they are currently a part of the tenancy agreement. So dated the same but indeed I can split them up.

Does still mean I need to fill the gaps with something in my name right? Otherwise spacing won’t work out.

Will let’s from my work with both addresses be accepted you think?

Thank You

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Shambolic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:49 am

Does still mean I need to fill the gaps with something in my name right? Otherwise spacing won’t work out.
Yes
Shambolic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:49 am
Will let’s from my work with both addresses be accepted you think?

Thank You
Yes it will be accepted as anyone can have two addresses (correspondence & residence) but the address on which other partner is living too must be shown on the evidence reliant on.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Thanks Seagul,
Sorry to keep picking your brain.

I didn't understand your second comment. So I can use the company letters addressed to both addresses.

"but the address on which other partner is living too must be shown on the evidence reliant on"
Are you saying my partner needs to also have documents with both addresses?

Alternatively I can also provide another set of documents from the main address. WE can easily get 6 documents each (12 total) and spread over 2 years. They can choose to which evidence they prefer as both the addresses are ours. Main address - we stay there most weekends and correspondence address - which we live at currently.

Is that sensible?

I was thinking to just lay this out in a cover letter as its just being honest about what I have at the rental flat. Surly they would accept an explanation?

Thanks Seagul,

Appreciate it.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Seagul,

The documents now look like this.

Joint: 3 Sources. 6 Documents.
Sponsor: 1 Source. 4 Documents.
Applicant: 2 Sources. 6 Documents.

Look ok with a cover letter?

19. Joint Bank Statements (Every 3 Months) – Showing payments correlating to bills.
20. May 2018 – Tenancy Agreement Contract – (Joint Names)
21. May 2018 – Council Tax Bill – (Joint Names)
22. May 2018 – My Deposits Protection Certificate – (Joint Names)
23. July 2018 – Work Letter to confirm Correspondence Address – (Sponsor) – Both Addresses.
24. Sep 2018 – Water Bill – (Applicant)
25. Oct 2018 – Electric Bill – (Current Occupier) – Paid using Joint A/C.
26. Dec 2018 – Work Letter to confirm Salary Increase & Bonus – (Sponsor) – Both Addresses.
27. Jan 2019 – Electric Bill – (Current Occupier) – Paid using Joint A/C.
28. Feb 2019 – Water Bill – (Applicant)
29. Mar 2019 – Council Tax Bill – (Joint Names)
30. May 2019 – Tenancy Agreement Renewal – Fixed Term – (Joint Names)
31. May 2019 – My Deposits Protection Certificate – (Joint Names)
32. Aug 2019 – Water Bill – (Applicant)
33. Oct 2019 – Electric Bill – (Applicant) – Details Updated.
34. Dec 2019 – Work Letter to confirm Car Allowance Increase – (Sponsor) – Both Addresses.
35. Dec 2019 – Electric Bill – (Applicant) – Details Updated.
36. Feb 2019 – Water Bill – (Applicant)
37. Mar 2020 – Council Tax Bill – (Joint Names)
38. May 2020 – Tenancy Agreement – Periodic – (Joint Names)
39. June 2020 – Work Letter to confirm Car Allowance Increase – (Sponsor) – Both Addresses.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:45 am

Shambolic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 pm
Thanks Seagul,
Sorry to keep picking your brain.

I didn't understand your second comment. So I can use the company letters addressed to both addresses.

"but the address on which other partner is living too must be shown on the evidence reliant on"
Are you saying my partner needs to also have documents with both addresses?
Means that if your evidence has both addresses A & B then your partner must be living at either address A or B. Your partner doesn't need both addresses rather only where she is living.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks Seagul.

I’m silly.

Just realised I changed my correspondence address at work so all the payslips sent electronically has my new address on it. Only the P60 is posted which goes to the main address so I should be ok using the payslips I think.

Plus your brilliant advice on the Deposit protection.

Fingers crossed.

Appreciate all your help.

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

Hi Seagul,

I hope your well.

I have submitted my application and all gone well.

Just a random query.

I am uploading the documents and it has sections. (Not Submitted yet)

Mandatory for
Identity, Travel & Application. Got this!

However then there is Other: For everything else which has multiple options. So far I have uploaded just to 'Other' but Do i need to put the documents into each category below? Its confusing.
  • Other
UPLOADED 30 FILES
  • Residence in the UK
  • Finances
  • Proof of Business
  • Life Events
  • Medical Information
  • Sponsors / Employment
  • Educational
[/list]

Thank You Pal!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Shambolic wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am
Hi Seagul,

I hope your well.

I have submitted my application and all gone well.

Just a random query.

I am uploading the documents and it has sections. (Not Submitted yet)

Mandatory for
Identity, Travel & Application. Got this!

However then there is Other: For everything else which has multiple options. So far I have uploaded just to 'Other' but Do i need to put the documents into each category below? Its confusing.
  • Other
UPLOADED 30 FILES
  • Residence in the UK
  • Finances
  • Proof of Business
  • Life Events
  • Medical Information
  • Sponsors / Employment
  • Educational
[/list]

Thank You Pal!
See this thread

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html

Shambolic
Newly Registered

Post by Shambolic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Thank you!

Star!!!