ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge start date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rarbg
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge start date

Post by rarbg » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Apologies if this has been answered before, but couldn't find anything when searching.

Does the IHS validity start from the date of online payment, or only when the application is approved and further leave to remain is granted? Because of COVID, we paid for IHS back in May but FLR is still waiting to be granted, so would my wife be covered by the IHS already?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge start date

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 pm

rarbg wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm
only when the application is approved and further leave to remain is granted?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:18 pm

rarbg wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered before, but couldn't find anything when searching.

Does the IHS validity start from the date of online payment, or only when the application is approved and further leave to remain is granted? Because of COVID, we paid for IHS back in May but FLR is still waiting to be granted, so would my wife be covered by the IHS already?
Valid leave continues under Section 3c while the visa application is being processed. Therefore, see below:

"Non-EEA nationals and the NHS Surcharge
Any non-EEA national, subject to immigration control, is exempt from charge for accessing any NHS services if the following applies to them while their leave to enter/remain is still valid:
They have paid the NHS surcharge when making their visa application
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:54 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:18 pm
rarbg wrote:

Valid leave continues under Section 3c while the visa application is being processed. Therefore, see below:

"Non-EEA nationals and the NHS Surcharge
Any non-EEA national, subject to immigration control, is exempt from charge for accessing any NHS services if the following applies to them while their leave to enter/remain is still valid:
They have paid the NHS surcharge when making their visa application
It's a bit misleading when he says "wife" as she is still on a fiance visa. 3c extending her exisiting leave, will mean she has to pay the NHS at point of use until the FLR(M) visa is granted.

rarbg

When you can start to use the NHS

You can start using the National Health Service (NHS) when both:

you’ve paid the healthcare surcharge (or are exempt from paying it)
your visa or immigration application is granted

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:10 am

Thanks, I missed that this was from a fiance visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:40 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:10 am
Thanks, I missed that this was from a fiance visa. :idea:
I don't normally look back though what they said before, but I did this time. :)

It's one of those things where it is important to give all the information to get the correct reply, but sometimes the poster doesn't realise how important that is.