ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash savings from investment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Huge_Euge
Newly Registered
Russia

Cash savings from investment

Post by Huge_Euge » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Hello everyone.

Is anyone experienced with cash savings taken from investments? I am so terribly confused and can’t find any information that makes sense.

We have been given wrong immigration advice a few months ago and now urgently have to top up out cash savings in the bank with liquidated cash from investment portfolio or from cash ISA.

I am, however, really confused about the 6 month requirement in relation to investments. The guidance states that it is acceptable for the funds to be held as investments for part of the 6 month period. However I am not sure whether that means that the funds have to be held as a specific and easily traceable investment (like stocks in one company purchased over 6 months ago) or does that just mean that it can’t be from new funds injected into the portfolio less that the required time period ago, or a newly opened investment account?

This portfolio I am talking about has been opened more than 4 years ago and there hasn’t been any new cash injections at all, so absolutely everything in it has been rotating for years. So is any type of liquidation from it acceptable, or do we need to track down specific stocks which have been bought more than 6 months ago and only sell them for the visa purpose?

Thank you so much in advance for any type of advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash savings from investment

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:23 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.