ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extention self employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hugh333
Newly Registered

When to apply?

Post by Hugh333 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:17 am

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me please. My wife is on the 5 year route visa. It was granted March 2018 so this September she would have been here 2 and a half years but her visa expires December 2020. When should we reapply for the extension. She came here early March. Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:19 am

She should apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date she entered the UK. The latest she can apply is just before visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Re: When to apply?

Post by Hugh333 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Okay that's great. Thank you for your help.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

5 year spouse visa extension requirements

Post by Hugh333 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help. My wife will need to extend her visa soon as she's been here for nearly 2.5 years. Could anyone check the list of documents we have and let us know if we're missing anything. Thank you so much in advance.

This is what we have so far.

-a photocopy of both our passports pages with stamps in.

-a photo copy of biometrics residence permit

-the IELTS (she did the b1)

-photos of us together.

-current bank statements. How many months will we need?

-both our birth certificates. (will this be a copy or original?)

-marriage certificate (will this be original or copy?)

-I assume she won't need a tuberculosis test again since she's been here since her first application.

-will we need cover letter again like in the first application. From family members.

-will we need a property report. We did that in the first application.

We used an immigration solicitor to do our first application but we have chosen to do this extension ourselves. I'm a bit nervous and worried I'm going to do something wrong so am hoping I can double check everything with you on here so we don't make any mistakes.
As always thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 year spouse visa extension requirements

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:48 am

-photos of us together.
Not required.
-current bank statements. How many months will we need?
You need to prove you meet the financial requirements with a minimum of 6 months payslips, 6 months corresponding bank statements and employer letter.
-both our birth certificates. (will this be a copy or original?)
Not required.
-I assume she won't need a tuberculosis test again since she's been here since her first application.
Not required.
-will we need cover letter again like in the first application. From family members.
Not required.
-will we need a property report. We did that in the first application.
Depends on what your accommodation arrangements are.

You also need 2 years evidence of cohabitation, with documents form 3 to 6 different sources in both your names, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:06 am

Thank you for your reply. We live with my parents at the moment so we don't have a tenancy agreement with both our names. Can it be any letters? I don't get too many letters as all the bills are in my parents names. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:30 am

Hugh333 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:06 am
. Can it be any letters
Yes only from credible sources excluding from family members/friends.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extention self employed

Post by Hugh333 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing my wifes extention for her 5 year route spouse visa, she's has been here for 2.5 years and she needs to extend. I'm self employed as a sub contractor. I have read that a letter from an employer is needed, what would I need to do as I'm self employed. Would I still need a letter from someone?

Also is it the same as employed, as in will I need to supply 6 months income and bank statments. or as I'm self employed need to do it differently?

As always thank you for all your help you supply to everyone, it's a great help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extention self employed

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Topics Merged!
I'm currently doing my wifes extention for her 5 year route spouse visa, she's has been here for 2.5 years and she needs to extend. I'm self employed as a sub contractor. I have read that a letter from an employer is needed, what would I need to do as I'm self employed. Would I still need a letter from someone?

Also is it the same as employed, as in will I need to supply 6 months income and bank statments. or as I'm self employed need to do it differently?
If you are self employed, you are your own employer and do not have an employer whose payroll you are on, ie. PAYE.

I strongly suggest you read Section 9 of the Appendix FM document fully as self employment requires substantially more documents than a normal PAYE employee.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:05 pm

That link was helpful thank you.

So what I understand is that I will use the tax year April to April as my financial requirement and not the most recent 5 months after the April just gone.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Hugh333 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:05 pm
That link was helpful thank you.

So what I understand is that I will use the tax year April to April as my financial requirement and not the most recent 5 months after the April just gone.
You really need to digest the previously given link where you will see that for self employment you can even rely on last full financial year or the average of last 2 full financial years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Also if you are a sub contractor under CIS scheme (contractor industry scheme) then might consider your income under salaried income (none-self employment).

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 am

I am a sub contractor under the CIS scheme so will have to look into that. Thank you again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:22 am

Hugh333 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 am
I am a sub contractor under the CIS scheme so will have to look into that. Thank you again.
Circumstantially I had asked you which actually was the case which will far easily workable for you under salaried person if you have CIS payment slips, letter from CIS contractor and corresponding personal bank statements.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:33 am

"As a CIS subcontractor you are considered self-employed but working for a contractor who has to deduct a portion of your invoice (usually 20%) and pay it to HMRC on your behalf. ... Being paid as a CIS subcontractor is not the same as earning a wage either, as you are not an employee"

Also, many CIS subcontractors work for multiple contractors over the tax year.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am

A person working as a subcontractor under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS),
administered by HMRC (and under which the contractor deducts tax and National
Insurance contributions from the payments made to the subcontractor), can, as an
alternative to meeting the requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of self-
employment, choose instead to count their CIS income as income from salaried
employment.
If they do, they must meet the requirements of paragraph 2 of
Appendix FM-SE for specified evidence for salaried employment, subject to
reflecting their status as a CIS contractor rather than an employed person. They
must provide CIS payment slips in place of payslips, a letter from the CIS contractor
in place of an employer’s letter and the required personal bank statements. If a
person cannot provide this evidence, or it is not clear that they are covered by the
CIS scheme, their income should be treated as income from self-employment and
the relevant self-employment evidence must be provided. See section 9 of this
guidance.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... xLurhR6nv1

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am

I ordered 6 months bank statements directly from my bank. I took these into my local branch but they won't stamp them. Will these be okay or will they need to be stamped by the bank? Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Hugh333 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am
I ordered 6 months bank statements directly from my bank. I took these into my local branch but they won't stamp them. Will these be okay or will they need to be stamped by the bank? Thank you
The ordered bank statements should be fine without stamp.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Hugh333 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am
Sometimes the duplicate/replacement bank statements arrive in post looks not original despite are suffice to meet the purpose. You should have found a page on top of these indicating these as replacement/duplicate and the same can be attached too.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pm

That's great thanks.

Also it asks which types of income will i rely on to meet the financial requirements. As I'm using my cis income as salaried income what would I check, Employment or self employment? If I choose employment it asks employment questions like name of employer, would I just put the company I do work for. I mainly only work for one comany under the construction industry scheme.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Also it asks if I rent or own the property we live together in. We currently live with my parents so we don't rent or own the property. when I check neither it requires documents from the property owner. As my parents rent the house from the council will I just need a letter from my parents saying they are happy for us to live there with them? as always, thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Hugh333 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pm
That's great thanks.

Also it asks which types of income will i rely on to meet the financial requirements. As I'm using my cis income as salaried income what would I check, Employment or self employment? If I choose employment it asks employment questions like name of employer, would I just put the company I do work for. I mainly only work for one comany under the construction industry scheme.
As you will have to supply the Cis payment slips and letter from the cis contractor which means you will have to provide their name & detail.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 pm

hi everyone. So I have got all the documents together that I think we will need.

These are what I have so far,

My wifes letters to show our address,
A bank letter April 2018
bank letter October 2018
Doctors letter November 2018
Hospital letter January 2019
Doctors letter May 2019
Doctors letter June 2019
National insurance number October 2019
Doctors Letter February 2020
Credit card statement April 2020
Hospital letter June 2020
Hospital letter September 2020

My letters to show our address,
Water bill March 2018
council tax in both names April 2018
council tax in both names October 2018
Legal and general January 2019
bank letter February 2019
HM revenue and customs June 2019
NHS September 2019
Bank letter December 2019
NHS March 2020
HM revenue May 2020
bank letter August 2020
Bank letter September 2020

My wifes latest original passport

My wifes original BRP card

My wifes IELTS B1 results

my CIS statements. I am missing one from last may so have 5 from the last 6 months but I will have the missing one somewhere.

bank statements from the same 6 months as cis statements.

Scan of my CIS card and my 2019-2020 self assesment tax return calculation.

I am waiting for a letter from the company I do work for.

we went to the Philippines for a month over Christmas so have included the tickets and flight plan print out.

we live with my parents, they wrote and signed a letter to say they are okay for us to be there. we included a copy of their passports and a few letters like rent statements and electric letters.

That is everything we have so far. Are we missing anything from that list?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Hugh333 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 pm
hi everyone. So I have got all the documents together that I think we will need.

These are what I have so far,

My wifes letters to show our address,
A bank letter April 2018
bank letter October 2018
Doctors letter November 2018
Hospital letter January 2019
Doctors letter May 2019
Doctors letter June 2019
National insurance number October 2019
Doctors Letter February 2020
Credit card statement April 2020
Hospital letter June 2020
Hospital letter September 2020

My letters to show our address,
Water bill March 2018
council tax in both names April 2018
council tax in both names October 2018
Legal and general January 2019
bank letter February 2019
HM revenue and customs June 2019
NHS September 2019
Bank letter December 2019
NHS March 2020
HM revenue May 2020
bank letter August 2020
Bank letter September 2020
Most seems superfluous when you are only required to supply these covering the last 2 years.
Hugh333 wrote:
we went to the Philippines for a month over Christmas so have included the tickets and flight plan print out.
No need
Hugh333 wrote:
we live with my parents, they wrote and signed a letter to say they are okay for us to be there. we included a copy of their passports and a few letters like rent statements and electric letters.
Their mortgage statement and title register will be needed (if they own) otherwise the noc letter need to be from the actual landlord.

Hugh333
Newly Registered

Post by Hugh333 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 pm

My parents rent the house from the council. It's a 3 bed house so big enough for us. We used this house on our first application for her first visa. The immigration advisor we used did a property report.