ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa to apply for child born in UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monika_tyagi
India

Which visa to apply for child born in UK?

Post by Monika_tyagi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support for ILR application, now its time for my child's visa.
I granted ILR on 15th Sept 2020 and received my ILR BRP on 21st Sept 2020.
My child is born in 2019, 18th November, and right now is 10+ months old. What visa I should apply for her?
If you are suggesting MN1 (Naturalisation) then I am confused while filling the form as my child has not lived for 5 years on the address we are providing for her application. I am not sure what are the links I need to follow? Please help me.

Regards,
Monika

srsw

Re: Which visa to apply for child born in UK?

Post by srsw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Yeah, MN1 form (registration as British citizen). Given the age of child you can just answer yes for that question and move on to next question.

If you answer no, it may ask for previous address, which doesn't work in your case anyway.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:50 pm

Monika_tyagi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 pm
If you are suggesting MN1 (Naturalisation) then I am confused while filling the form as my child has not lived for 5 years on the address we are providing for her application. I am not sure what are the links I need to follow? Please help me.

Regards,
Monika
That certainly wouldn't affect at all. Read the following guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 pm

A UK born child is entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:21 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 pm
A UK born child is entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.
I am in a similar situation, planning to register my UK born daughter as a British citizen. I have searched on google about how long it going to take to register but could not find clear information. Is anyone know how long it going to take?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:35 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:56 am