ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa based on human rights

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leenahassan02
Newly Registered

spouse visa based on human rights

Post by leenahassan02 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:30 pm

goodevening all,

I need help in brining my husband of 4 years now to the UK, yes we been apart for 4 years now due to the difficult situation we are in so im 20 years old born in the UK and have a 2 year old daughter also born in the uk to my husband , im currently studying in college taking a 3 year BTEC course now on my final year i do not work and of course dont earn any income apart from universal credit. im unable to work as im a part time carer for my daughther . my husband on the other hand is working but does not earn the minimum requirement due to a low pay income in morocco .

we have been struggling for a long time and very confused on what steps to take to be toghther, my daughther and i need him so bad as we are finding it very difficult on our own , i sometime feel pressured and depressed that we been apart for this long, i dont know what to do neither does he , can some one please help me :|

vinny

Re: spouse visa based on human rights

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:56 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leenahassan02
Newly Registered

Post by leenahassan02 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 am

then what can i do in my situation?

leenahassan02
Newly Registered

Post by leenahassan02 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:22 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Unfortunately, There’s actually no right to family life in the UK.
but im a british citizen so is his daughther , he must have the rights to be with us i dont understand??? :?:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 am

Please click on the given link above to read the details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:07 am

Hello

It sounds harsh when you discover it but as the article describes it, there is no absolute right to family life in the UK.

I know many British who are living abroad with their kids and partners because they can't come to the UK as a family. And even worse, there are a lot of people in your situation, where the family is split and cannot get reunited.

The UK is harder in this kind of things, but many other European countries are more or less the same. It's difficult to go in a front of an authority and ask for a visa for a partner that will become a burden on social services from day 1.

If you work, that will put you in better situation as you will be able to sponsor your husband at one point.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:07 am

I know many British who are living abroad with their kids and partners because they can't come to the UK as a family. And even worse, there are a lot of people in your situation, where the family is split and cannot get reunited.
Would the OP be able to move to an EEA country by 31 December 2020 and take her husband to that country to live?

However, unlike some of the legacy (old) low income benefits that Universal Credit replaces e.g. Tax Credits, you would not be able to continue to claim UC in an EEA country, even if the UK had remained in the EU.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Doable in theory but in practice we are talking about something that requires a lot of money. Not everyone can afford to move next week to an EEA country and establish himself as self-sufficient in order to sponsor family.