ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP 10 Year Partner Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Illegal getting married with British citizen

Post by Dilbar321 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi.i came in this country seven years ago as a family visit visa for six month after that time I am living in this country as an illligal immigrant but now I am getting married with British girl.she is Pakistani aswell.she told me I can do anything but I can’t give you permission to go Pakistan for visa application.plz guide me what I am gonna do.one more thing at this time i don’t have any case.thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Illegal getting married with British citizen

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 pm

For marrying a British national from within uk you need to have at least 6 months visa excluding visit/tourist visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

Dilbar321 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm
I am getting married with British girl
How are you getting married to the British girl?

An Islamic marriage in the UK generally does not count as a marriage for legal purposes.

For a registry marriage, you will need to give notice to marry at designated registrar offices at least 28 days before the wedding. They can extend that period to 70 days while they look into the request.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am

Bear in mind that if the Home Office choose to interview you both before the wedding an go ahead, as you have no legal status in the UK you are at risk of being detained during (or before) the interview. :idea:

Why doesn't your fiancee give you her 'permission' to return to Pakistan in order to apply for a settlement visa from there having married :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 am

Hi There

I know how your fiance feels, I wish I never gave my fiance permission to leave the country for the application because i have now been without him for 6 months.

Unfortunately the only way is for you to return and marry in your home country and apply as a spouse or make the fiance visa application to marry in the UK.

If you are detained and deported its a lot harder for you for the application. The best thing to do is voluntarily leave the country and avoid that situation. There is a chance that if you are detained and awaiting to be deported that you can revoke the deportation order as a friend of mine had to do this recently, not sure of the outcome yet or procedure behind this.

Hope this helps

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

With an entry clearance, there's also a risk of being refused under 320(11).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Post by Dilbar321 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 am
Hi There

I know how your fiance feels, I wish I never gave my fiance permission to leave the country for the application because i have now been without him for 6 months.

Unfortunately the only way is for you to return and marry in your home country and apply as a spouse or make the fiance visa application to marry in the UK.

If you are detained and deported its a lot harder for you for the application. The best thing to do is voluntarily leave the country and avoid that situation. There is a chance that if you are detained and awaiting to be deported that you can revoke the deportation order as a friend of mine had to do this recently, not sure of the outcome yet or procedure behind this.

Hope this helps
Casa wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am
Bear in mind that if the Home Office choose to interview you both before the wedding an go ahead, as you have no legal status in the UK you are at risk of being detained during (or before) the interview. :idea:

Why doesn't your fiancee give you her 'permission' to return to Pakistan in order to apply for a settlement visa from there having married :?:

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Post by Dilbar321 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I can’t leave this country cos I am doing love marriage and my wife dad is so ill all the time he had brain tummer.she don’t have any other brother or any sister.she is alone.i am so worried cos she needs me to live with my wife.wating for your reply

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Dilbar321 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm
I can’t leave this country cos I am doing love marriage and my wife dad is so ill all the time he had brain tummer.she don’t have any other brother or any sister.she is alone.i am so worried cos she needs me to live with my wife.wating for your reply
Hi

Maybe its best that you wait until you are in a more emotionally comfortable position, not that there is ever a right time!

I understand how your future wife is feeling honestly I do. We took a chance with our application, and honestly, we were not physically mentally and emotionally ready and wish we had waited.

It will be 10 times worse for you knowing that your wife needs you and there is nothing you can physically do.

My advise is try not to stress and enjoy the time you have together, and once things have settled down and you feel you are in a position then go ahead and Voluntarily leave, and make sure you have a solicitor/immigration adviser to help you along the way. If you are illegal its always best to have one on side just in case. If you go ahead by yourselves then they will most likely refuse. (but thats just my opinion)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Does your wife have any kids?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm
OP isn't married.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Post by Dilbar321 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm
No

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am
Recent post by a member: repeat refusals after returning to home country to have entry clearance. The reason why I do NOT wish for my husband to go back for us to apply and then go through courts

immigration-for-family-members/refused- ... l#p1607223

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

bathanza wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm
vinny wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am
Recent post by a member: repeat refusals after returning to home country to have entry clearance. The reason why I do NOT wish for my husband to go back for us to apply and then go through courts

immigration-for-family-members/refused- ... l#p1607223
Its quite strange actually, our visa wasn't refused under this section 320 - even though my fiance was here illegally and voluntarily left, it stated the home office had no records of how my fiance came to the country... (the solicitor mentioned it in the statement but they failed to read that like everything else)

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Illegal Person applied for human right application

Post by Dilbar321 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 am

Hi.i came in this country seven years ago on family visitor visa.after six
months I lived as an illegal immigrant but I want to apply as human right
application.i want to know if I am applied human right application how many
months it will take to get my human right application deicion.i am really
thankful for you.wating for your reply.thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Illegal Person applied for human right application

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 am

Are you no longer getting married??

immigration-for-family-members/illegal- ... l#p1608849

On what basis and reasons are you making a human rights application??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Post by Dilbar321 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 am

I am getting maaried on10th of July this year.but I thought if something happend in this time frame.i applied for human right application on behalf that I lived in this country for seven years

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am

Dilbar321 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 am
I am getting maaried on10th of July this year.but I thought if something happend in this time frame.i applied for human right application on behalf that I lived in this country for seven years
Have you received approval from Home Office to marry??

Simply 'living in the UK' and preferring it here to Pakistan is not really sufficient for humanitarian rights applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Post by Dilbar321 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:02 pm

I know that thing.but I am afraid in this time of frame someone ask me for visa detail what I am gonna provide that’s why I want to apply human right application

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am
Dilbar321 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 am
Have you received approval from Home Office to marry?? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Illegal married to British citizen

Post by Dilbar321 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:08 pm

I was refugee but I done nikah on June 4 2018.my Solicter applied my spouse vivas application 05 June 2018.i wanted to know when they call me for bio metrics.and when the home office give permission to do Registerion.and I want to know when my case start processing they start my spouse visa application now or after my biometrics been done.wating for you suggestion.thanks

Dilbar321
Pakistan

Illigal married to British citizen

Post by Dilbar321 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 pm

I done islamic nikah on 4th June 2018.my solicter applied spouse visa on 05th June 2018.i wanted to know when they take my biometrics.one more thing my case start when they revive my applicion or when they done my biometrics.wating for your reply.thanks

secret.simon

Re: Illigal married to British citizen

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Islamic nikkah does not count as a marriage in the UK and therefore a spouse visa would not be applicable. Have you lived with your British citizen partner for at least two years?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:47 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 am

As secret.simon has said, your Islamic marriage done in the UK will not be recognised so for a spouse visa, you are not considered married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)