ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

snapitbik
Nepal

Spouse visa extension help

Post by snapitbik » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi members / admin

I am very confused regarding extension of my wife visa, her visa is expiring on 8 November 2020 and she applied visa online filling all form and pay ihs charge today, after paying application they advice her to book appointment for bio metric from UKVCAS, unfortunately there are no appoinment available until 16 November 2020 on any centre, but on application they said that book appointment and submit all documents by 24th December 2020. Now I like to know if she didn’t get appointment until 8th November 2020 will she be illegal stay in uk or not, and her employer ask her home office acknowledgment letter to continue work so what document shall she provide to her employer, guys please let me know, your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension help

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:19 pm

snapitbik wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm
Now I like to know if she didn’t get appointment until 8th November 2020 will she be illegal stay in uk or not, and her employer ask her home office acknowledgment letter to continue work so what document shall she provide to her employer, guys please let me know, your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
An in timely submitted application, where despite the biometrics enrolment has taken place when the visa has been expired, is protected by virtue of section 3c which shields/extends its all previous rights until the decision gets arrived.
An employer can liaise with UKVI for obtaining the positive ecs at:
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Whereas the similar mechanism is for landlords too:

https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-right-to-rent-documents
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

snapitbik
Nepal

Re: Spouse visa extension help

Post by snapitbik » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Thank you very much 👍👍