ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance to Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Fiance to Spouse Visa

Post by jenjen284 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to answer a couple of questions that I have:

1. I just wanted to check which route we take to apply for a spouse visa from a fiance visa? My husband is obviously now in the UK so I assume we pick this route?

2. English Language test - can we reuse his certificate from the language test he took for the fiance visa. I'm sure I read somewhere that we can but can't find where I found this information now.

Thank you :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Fiance to Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 pm

jenjen284 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to answer a couple of questions that I have:

1. I just wanted to check which route we take to apply for a spouse visa from a fiance visa? My husband is obviously now in the UK so I assume we pick this route?

2. English Language test - can we reuse his certificate from the language test he took for the fiance visa. I'm sure I read somewhere that we can but can't find where I found this information now.

Thank you :)
1. FLRM Assuming now you both are married.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm

2. Yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:29 pm

jenjen284 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 pm
I'm sure I read somewhere that we can but can't find where I found this information now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... zTNYGA5mNl
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:04 pm

Thank you both so much!

Yes, we are now married - managed to re-book for this Wednesday after having our November ceremony cancelled.

Now just got to get this application in.

Thank you for your continued guidance :)

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi,

Sorry, just another query as I'm filling the form.

For this question:

What UK visa, entry clearance or grant of leave do you have?
This will usually be in your passport or on your biometric residence permit.

Do I literally copy what is on the visa vignette e.g. D - Marriage/CP etc.

Or do I just put fiance visa?

Thanks,
Jen

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:57 pm

jenjen284 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi,

For this question:

Thanks,
Jen
Really doesn't matter but you may also write like that D-Marriage/CP (Fiancee visa)

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:57 pm
jenjen284 wrote:
Hi,

For this question:

Thanks,
Jen
Really doesn't matter but you may also write like that D-Marriage/CP (Fiancee visa)
Thank you seagul...

Sorry to be a pain again - but as Fiance isn't an option on this list I assume I would select the top option?

On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the child of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the parent of a British citizen or settled child who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and was not living an independent life

As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

Private life in the UK

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

Medical grounds or ill health

Discretionary leave

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:07 pm

jenjen284 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:59 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:57 pm
jenjen284 wrote:
Hi,

For this question:

Thanks,
Jen
Thank you seagul...

Sorry to be a pain again - but as Fiance isn't an option on this list I assume I would select the top option?

On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the child of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the parent of a British citizen or settled child who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and was not living an independent life

As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

Private life in the UK

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

Medical grounds or ill health

Discretionary leave
Your understanding is correct as go for 1st (top) option.

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Oh my goodness, I hate how incompetent this form is making me feel.

I have another question - my partner and I got married just this week so as such I haven't changed my name on my passport - I assume when it comes to the pages asking about my name and details I go with what is written in my passport e.g. Miss, rather than put what I will now be known as?

Thanks,
Jen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Your name as it appears in your official documents. There is no legal requirement that you must change your name when getting married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Thank you - also just now gotten to the question about accommodation and asking for 2 years of correspondence...

I am hoping and assuming this doesn't apply as we were previously on a fiance visa?

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Thank you - also just now gotten to the question about accommodation and asking for 2 years of correspondence...

I am hoping and assuming this doesn't apply as we were previously on a fiance visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Doesn't apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jenjen284
Newly Registered

IHS exempt?

Post by jenjen284 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Okay....in another really weird twist when I have got to the end of the form and was expecting to have to pay the IHS it has come up saying my partner is exempt from having to pay this?

I am really confused now and reluctant to send off his application as I really don't think this is correct!

Can anyone please clarify this for me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 pm

IHS is payable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi,

Just going through our documents for a final time ahead of our biometric appointment next week.

I know I asked this previously but was just after clarification really on how beat to address...

On the document checklist provided on completion of the application it asks for the 2 years evidence of cohabitation (we don’t have as we are moving from a fiance visa to a spouse visa). I have made reference to this in the application - would I be best addressing this also in a covering letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:48 pm

The two years eveidence is NOT required if changing from a fiance visa to a spouse visa. UKVI know their rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jenjen284
Newly Registered

Post by jenjen284 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Thank you 😀

Final question...is there any appenix that also needs to be completed and uploaded? I know for the Fiance Visa I also completed Appendix 2 VAF4A.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

jenjen284 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm
Thank you 😀

Final question...is there any appenix that also needs to be completed and uploaded? I know for the Fiance Visa I also completed Appendix 2 VAF4A.
No appendix to be filled.