ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT EXPIRING - Is it a problem?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mat28590
Newly Registered

PASSPORT EXPIRING - Is it a problem?

Post by Mat28590 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:29 pm

I am a British citizen and my wife is Thai. We are both currently residing in the UK.

I'm thinking ahead to the FLR(M) application that my wife will need to put forward before her current spouse visa expires at the end of August this year (2021).

Her passport expires in November 2021, and i'm struggling to ascertain whether this is an issue or not. I haven't been able to find in the rules what constitutes a valid passport for the visa application. For example, does it need to be valid for at least 6 months from when the visa application is submitted?

Additionally my wife has a masters degree from The University of Kent, Canterbury. Is this sufficient to meet the English language requirement for FLR(M)?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Casa

Re: PASSPORT EXPIRING - Is it a problem?

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Mat28590 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:29 pm
I am a British citizen and my wife is Thai. We are both currently residing in the UK.

I'm thinking ahead to the FLR(M) application that my wife will need to put forward before her current spouse visa expires at the end of August this year (2021).

Her passport expires in November 2021, and i'm struggling to ascertain whether this is an issue or not. I haven't been able to find in the rules what constitutes a valid passport for the visa application. For example, does it need to be valid for at least 6 months from when the visa application is submitted?
No
Additionally my wife has a masters degree from The University of Kent, Canterbury. Is this sufficient to meet the English language requirement for FLR(M)? Yes

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Also bear in mind that your wife can submit her FLR(M) extension application 28 days prior to the expiry date of the current visa, should she choose to do so.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.