ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the rules to bring the dependent on FLR LR VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamie4321
Cameroon

What are the rules to bring the dependent on FLR LR VISA

Post by jamie4321 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm

Dear all,

I have won the appeal against the home office decision.
I had applied for flr lr, 2 years extension based on 10 year residency as i could not apply for ilr due to my criminal conviction as a suspended sentence.

i was granted 2.5 years visa as apposed to 2 on human right grounds

my question is can i bring a dependent from outside the uk and if yes what are the rules especially financial rules and under what category will she have to apply for the visa outside uk.

and what are the chance of my ilr getting refused when applied for after the elapse of the 2 year since conviction.

Kind Regards.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: What are the rules to bring the dependent on FLR LR VISA

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:43 pm

jamie4321 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm
Dear all,

I had applied for flr lr, 2 years extension based on 10 year residency as i could not apply for ilr due to my criminal conviction as a suspended sentence.

my question is can i bring a dependent from outside the uk and if yes what are the rules especially financial rules and under what category will she have to apply for the visa outside uk.

and what are the chance of my ilr getting refused when applied for after the elapse of the 2 year since conviction.

Kind Regards.
You do not have means to bring someone from abroad under your current leave but wait for more views from others.

What is your immigration history?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:43 pm
jamie4321 wrote:
Dear all,

Kind Regards.

You do not have means to bring someone from abroad under your current leave but wait for more views from others.

Useful to read previous topics.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/success-rate ... l#p1831843
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:43 pm
jamie4321 wrote:
Dear all,

Kind Regards.

Useful to read previous topics.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/success-rate ... l#p1831843
Thanks for that.

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi!
Thank you for the prompt reply!
i came as as student on jan 2010
change to tier 2
during this time i have issue with police and was convicted for money laundering suspended sentence
on july 2019...
i applied for flr fp rejected then reapplied flr lr rejected...
appealed the decision and won it on human right ground .... flr lr.......2.5 years visa instead of 2 years.

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Any one with the answers to the issue above.?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:58 pm

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way for somebody in the UK on an FLR(LR) basis to sponsor a spouse. You will need to wait until you have acquired ILR.

Once you have acquired ILR, you will need to meet the usual spouse requirements (Minimum Income Requirement of £18,600 p.a, earned for at least 6 months, English language test by the spouse, etc) to sponsor your spouse.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 pm

jamie4321 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 pm
Any one with the answers to the issue above.?
If you got a 2.5 year visa, what exactly does the approval letter say under which immigration rules you were granted a visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 pm

This is what it exactly says on the Letter........
On 06 January 2020 you submitted an application for limited leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life in the UK.

I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the ten year private life route under Paragraph 276BE of the Immigration Rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 276ADE (1) of these Rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route.

For further information please see the relevant rules on GOV.UK at: www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:31 am

You must have submitted form FLR FP then and not FLR LR or the appeal was considered under private life and not LR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:19 am

jamie4321 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 pm
This is what it exactly says on the Letter........
On 06 January 2020 you submitted an application for limited leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life in the UK.

I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the ten year private life route under Paragraph 276BE of the Immigration Rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 276ADE (1) of these Rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route.

For further information please see the relevant rules on GOV.UK at: www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules.
You need to complete 10 years in the UK to qualify ILR under long residence route and upon successful ILR, you might be able to your partner to the UK if you meet all the requirements as mentioned above by Secret.Simon

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 am

i have initially submitted flr fp which was rejected and then applied for flr lr since i completed 10 years in the uk and due to criminal conviction as a suspended sentence i was not able to apply for ilr, as 2 year has not yet passed since conviction.

But at a hearing the honourable judge made decision as per the human right on private life base on 10 years residency in the united kingdom and granted me 2.5 years visa instead of 2.

My involvement in the crime was not much and i have good references.

how likely is my ilr to be refused when i am eligible to apply in july this year, when the 2 years requirement to pass out since the conviction will be meet.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:24 am

By my reading of your immigration history and your appeal outcome I share the same view as TODMATT.
It would appear you will have to complete an additional 10 years to acquire ILR. That is if the Home Office are so minded to grant it, even then.

While you state that your involvement in the crime was not much, the fact that you were convicted of money laundering and sentenced, albeit suspended is something that you will always be faced with. It is not your view of your involvement, it is the conviction and sentence that stand out. It is a serious crime and will have an impact on many aspects of your life for many years.

I think you have been very luck to be granted leave given you very much fit the non-conducive to the public good criteria that would exclude you from ILR.

As for bringing any dependent with your current immigration status - that is not a route that is available to you. The very fact that you even have a dependent suggests that your ties with your home country were probably not disclosed as this would have weakened your claim.

shade
India

Post by shade » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:32 am

jamie4321 wrote:
Dear all,

Kind Regards.
Did you manage to bring your partner? I'm on a similar situation. I'm on leave outside the rule and 10 year route to settlement and I fell in a relationship with someone from outside UK. Please let me know if you were successfull in your dependant application

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:04 am

Thank you Frontier Mole, for your reply.
I would consider my self lucky.Would i be granted ilr once 2 years has passed after my conviction which will be on mid of this year?.
I am still single just wanted to check the possibilities. What if i wish to marry someone here in uk on student visa would i be able to change her visa to some category that would her to stay with me.

Kind Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Marriage to a overseas national with no more permanent status in the UK than you will not make any difference. There is possibly more of a human rights angle and that also assumes you would be allowed to marry as HO would have to give consent.

You also have to consider that your status in the UK is not permanent and that marriage to an overseas national is more likely to go against rather than for you. In essence you do not need to remain in the UK and could live in the country of your spouse. While it seems harsh it is not unreasonable in law.

You are in limbo, to move on there has to be a change in visa status that allows you speedier access to ILR or you wait out the years.

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:35 pm

Thank you once again...i already have had the 10 years lawful stay in the uk since 10 january 2020(as i entered uk on 10th jan 2010) but had a conviction on july 2019 . the conviction has to surpass 2 years in order for me to eligible to apply for ilr, which will be on july 2021. That why i applied for flr(lr) and was granted 2.5 years visa on human rights ground instead.

My question is, will i be able to get ilr after 2 years have passed since conviction or should you suggest me to wait for some more time to pass and apply for ilr. and will i have to go through a hearing for the ilr or will it be granted at first instance.

Thank you in advance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 pm

There is no guarantee you will be granted ILR at the end of your current leave. As I said your grant of current leave was in my mind was exceptional and I am inclined to believe the Home Office will not readily or easily grant ILR.

Your conduct and character stopped you ILR, there is no reason to believe it will not be a continuation of the same. That may well lead to an offer of FLR so you would be in limbo again.

I am afraid it is wait and see when the time comes.

shade
India

Post by shade » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 am

jamie4321 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:04 am
Thank you Frontier Mole, for your reply.
I would consider my self lucky.Would i be granted ilr once 2 years has passed after my conviction which will be on mid of this year?.
I am still single just wanted to check the possibilities. What if i wish to marry someone here in uk on student visa would i be able to change her visa to some category that would her to stay with me.

Kind Regards
I'm pretty sure I saw someone else posted that they succesfully obtained dependent visa for their partner by switching from student visa to FLR FP and the main applicant is on a leave outside the rules or private life route.

If your leave to remain application has a section where you can fill dependent details such as in FLR(HRO), then you can add your partner as a dependent if he/she is in country on another visa. Whether HO will grant leave depends on individual circumstances but there is nothing that prevents you from applying so I disagree with Frontier Mole

If your partner is applying separately from you the he/she may be able to use FLR (IR) if I'm correct but the best thing would be to wait till your leave to remain is due for renewal.

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Dear Shade,

Thank your very much for your reply, your message was helpful. i HAVE A CONVICTION BECAUSE OF WHICH I AM NOT ABLE TO APPLY FOR ILR, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE COMPLETED 10 YEARS OF LAWFUL STAY IN THE UK DUE TO THE FACT THAT 2 YEARS HAVE NOT PASSED SINCE THE CONVICTION ( AS IT WAS A SUSPENDED SENTENCE). MY INVOLVEMENT WAS LOW IN THE MONEY LAUNDERING THAT WAS TAKING PLACE, WAS USED AS A MONEY MULE BY VERY CLOSE FRIEND, AND JUDGE SAW THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH I WAS INVOLVED AND GRANTED 2.5 YEARS OF EXTENSION ON HUMAN RIGHT GROUND. THE TWO YEAR WILL PASS ON JULY THIS YEAR AND I AM PLANNING TO APPLY FOR ILR THEREAFTER. MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I APPLLY FOR THE ILR OR WAIT FOR UNTIL THE END OF THE CURRENT EXTENSION. WILL MY ILR BE DENIED ON THE BASIS OF SUSPENDED SENTENCE?

jamie4321
Cameroon

Post by jamie4321 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:51 am

hi sorry I was granted a 30-month visa on 10 years private life grounds.............m I eligible to bring a spouse from outside the UK....

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.