ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPEAL !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

APPEAL !!!

Post by lailalaila22 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 pm

HOW LONG TIME DOES AN APPEAL USALLY TAKE ??

APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER

THANKS

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 pm

From the refusal date to the appeal hearing it was 6 months for us but it varies from which country you are from.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:06 pm

we put our appeal notice in on april 1st and we get out appeal NOTICE on 7th october, however they told me it can be up to 3 months after that till you go to court. does anyone else know this?

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Post by lailalaila22 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 pm

lesley15 wrote:From the refusal date to the appeal hearing it was 6 months for us but it varies from which country you are from.

could it take more than 6 month or less ??

anyone any experience ???? and did u win the case ???

thanks

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Re: APPEAL !!!

Post by lailalaila22 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:00 pm

want to add that the appeal is here in uk, not outside, is it long time or ???

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:20 pm

if you look at the AIT website they have a diagram explaining how long it officaly takes. The normal time is 8 months thats from the day you but in the appeal notice up to the actual court date.
We handed our notice in on 1st april, we have now been told then on the 7th october we will get a letter saying when our court date is. The AIT say this can be up to 3 months later.
I know it seems a long time but you just have to hang in there and concentrate on something else.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:55 pm

lailalaila22 wrote:
lesley15 wrote:From the refusal date to the appeal hearing it was 6 months for us but it varies from which country you are from.

thanks
Our visa was refused on the 28th march and i went for the hearing on the 19th septembeer. I was lucky that i had a good judge and had prepared my evidence well (thanks to this forum) the jugde told me that on the evidence he had heard that he will be granting the visa but we haven't had that in writing yet.
All i can say is that it is a waiting game but your time will come,use this time to gather your evidence to prove they were wrong to refuse you and add it to your bundle,your solicitor will be doing this with you.
If ever you want to ask anything please do.

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Post by lailalaila22 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 am

lesley15 wrote:
lailalaila22 wrote:

thanks
Our visa was refused on the 28th march and i went for the hearing on the 19th septembeer. I was lucky that i had a good judge and had prepared my evidence well (thanks to this forum) the jugde told me that on the evidence he had heard that he will be granting the visa but we haven't had that in writing yet.
All i can say is that it is a waiting game but your time will come,use this time to gather your evidence to prove they were wrong to refuse you and add it to your bundle,your solicitor will be doing this with you.
If ever you want to ask anything please do.

thank you very much for answering

I Want to ask you about what kind of evidence you used, and what kind of questions did judge ask u, if he did..

appreciate ur answer

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Re: APPEAL !!!

Post by lailalaila22 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:56 am

is is normal to get the hearing the same month you get the refusal ???

plzz anyone

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:21 pm

My case was refused on my maintenance and accommodation, the judge and HO asked nothing on my accommodation and only asked me to confirm my income. I had done spreadsheets showing all my income and giving total for the month then i gave a spreadsheet on my outgoings to show how much i had left over,both the judge and HO looked at these then just asked me to confirm that it was done by me and was correct.I had a witness who was offering my husband employment and showed then his accounts asked how he knew him,why he wanted him to work for him then the judge asked the HO if he could afford to employ him and that was all they asked us.
I have never know a refusal and hearing done in the same month,lucky if its done in the same year really!!!!!!!!!For spouse visa it goes back for review which can take 16wks then you wait for hearing date not sure of the process for other visas.

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Post by lailalaila22 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 pm

lesley15 wrote:My case was refused on my maintenance and accommodation, the judge and HO asked nothing on my accommodation and only asked me to confirm my income. I had done spreadsheets showing all my income and giving total for the month then i gave a spreadsheet on my outgoings to show how much i had left over,both the judge and HO looked at these then just asked me to confirm that it was done by me and was correct.I had a witness who was offering my husband employment and showed then his accounts asked how he knew him,why he wanted him to work for him then the judge asked the HO if he could afford to employ him and that was all they asked us.
I have never know a refusal and hearing done in the same month,lucky if its done in the same year really!!!!!!!!!For spouse visa it goes back for review which can take 16wks then you wait for hearing date not sure of the process for other visas.

REALLY, THEN WE MUST BE LUCKY, AS WE GOT REFUSAL SENT BY 24 sep and letter from court sent 27, hearing set to 23 oct. ...this is in UK NOT ABROAD