ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate Maintenance and Carer's Allowance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RAK737

Adequate Maintenance and Carer's Allowance

Post by RAK737 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:18 pm

hi there
i am new this site but i found very useful
i have few question and i would like to expert give me some advise.
i am receiving carer allowance from lsat 6 years and i (BRITISH CITIZEN) sponsor my wife for spouse visa and she came here on spouse visa 2.5 years and then i again extend her visa after before expiry and now its due ILR
i know i am exempt from financial requirement insed i have to satisfy with adequate maintenance which i did previously.(A minus B is greater than C)
my question are i have the same circumstances and same income when i apply FLR so i would be fine to apply ILR with the same situation
we have two child both british and i am also british
i am receiving full housing benefit (my name but inside mentioned couple allowance)
full council tax reduction on both name

but i also red that my wife is not allowed to public fund but when i applied entry clearance i was still in receipt of benefits and so as when apply for FLR i was getting full HB and council tax reduction and also mentioned in the application.

will my wife ILR application will effect with same circumstance or i should change something

thank you

wak9001

Re: Adequate Maintenance and Carer's Allowance

Post by wak9001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm

As long as your wife doesn't get public funds then you're fine.

If you are a UK citizen, you can still claim but only under your name.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:28 pm

thank you for reply my question was this the council tax bill are on both name she didnt applied anything but i have updated thati have a partner now and even if i apply single i would still get the same amount of HB and Cuncil tax reduction.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 pm

i would an expert to advise on this please

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 pm

RAK737 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:18 pm
hi there
i am new this site but i found very useful
i have few question and i would like to expert give me some advise.
i am receiving carer allowance from lsat 6 years and i (BRITISH CITIZEN) sponsor my wife for spouse visa and she came here on spouse visa 2.5 years and then i again extend her visa after before expiry and now its due ILR
i know i am exempt from financial requirement insed i have to satisfy with adequate maintenance which i did previously.(A minus B is greater than C)
my question are i have the same circumstances and same income when i apply FLR so i would be fine to apply ILR with the same situation
we have two child both british and i am also british
i am receiving full housing benefit (my name but inside mentioned couple allowance)
full council tax reduction on both name

but i also red that my wife is not allowed to public fund but when i applied entry clearance i was still in receipt of benefits and so as when apply for FLR i was getting full HB and council tax reduction and also mentioned in the application.

will my wife ILR application will effect with same circumstance or i should change something

thank you
See Public Funds Guidance

"A joint tenancy cannot be granted to 2 or more people if any of them is a person subject to
immigration control who is ineligible for local authority housing. This applies both to local
authority housing and to housing which is provided by a housing association as the result of
a referral from a local authority. A sole tenancy may be granted to someone who is eligible
(for example a British person or person settled in the UK) but whose spouse/partner is not
eligible. The ineligible spouse or partner is not counted as accessing public funds as a result
of this."

"A person subject to immigration control is not considered as accessing public funds if it is
their partner who is receiving the funds they are entitled to."
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 pm

thank you so much for your reply i understand few things but still bit confused about the council tax reduction.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:17 pm

RAK737 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 pm
thank you so much for your reply i understand few things but still bit confused about the council tax reduction.
Did the council grant your reduction when you applied for FLR ?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:02 pm

no not with any FLR when i submit my documents for FLR it was already with reduction and i am still the same position but i heard from one of my friend and he said there is something wrong so i wanted to confirm before i appy for ILR coz he said maybe coz of FLR they have ignored but now its ILR and they will stickly check everything

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Did the council grant your reduction when you applied for FLR ?
[/quote]

yes that time it was already granted but there are both name