ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Council Tax - Spouse Visa

Post by ms1993 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am

Admin, apologies it’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum and can’t find my old posts (I don’t know how to). I have a question please:

My husband’s name has been added to bills etc such as council tax however the payments go through my personal account. The reason for this is that my husband is saving his wage for a mortgage whilst I pay for the bills. For the purposes of spouse visa extension, would it be sufficient to provide only the council tax bill with our names on it or would we need to evidence that the bills are paid via our joint account?

Council tax is just an example but this applies to all other utility bills.

Casa

Re: Council Tax - Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:00 pm

You aren't required to submit evidence from which account the bills are paid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.