ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Red List

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kidraja

Pakistan Red List

Post by kidraja » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi

I hope everyone is safe.

This questions is regarding about spouse visa and Pakistan going into "Red List" on 9th April 2021.

Will my wife be able to still come over on spouse visa after Pakistan goes into red list. I'm aware that I have to pay £1800 for hotel quarantine.

Many Thanks

Zt123x
Newly Registered

Re: Pakistan Red List

Post by Zt123x » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:36 pm

I’m asking myself the same question. When did your wife have her biometrics appointment

kidraja

Post by kidraja » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Haven't applied yet, was going to apply after my tax year ends.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Yes she'll be able to, as she has been given residency status to live here.

My brother applied for his wife and awaiting decision on her visa, I take it they are still processing applications as normal? can anyone confirm please.

Thanks.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:25 pm

kidraja wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:23 pm
Hi

I hope everyone is safe.

This questions is regarding about spouse visa and Pakistan going into "Red List" on 9th April 2021.

Will my wife be able to still come over on spouse visa after Pakistan goes into red list. I'm aware that I have to pay £1800 for hotel quarantine.

Many Thanks
This is what it says on the Gov.uk website...

“ Red list travel ban countries
If you have been in or through any of the countries listed below in the previous 10 days, you will be refused entry to the UK.

If you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, you will be able to enter. You must quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days.”

So that should mean yes, you are able to enter the UK with a spouse visa.

However, I have a question, my partner has applied for a fiancé visa, does that mean he will be able to enter once approved please? As it’s only a 6 month visa, of course with a view to convert into spouse visa once he is here and we marry. I’m not sure whether this means he will have residence rights.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:23 am

Hi
This is precisely my problem.

My wife should receive her visa within 4 weeks and there is no way I will be paying an additional £1750 so she can be in a jail aka quarantine by herself in London.

We will wait until it’s removed off the red list and seek an extension to the validity of the visa - if need be.

FYI I already paid £3500 for the application + solicitors fees so to pay an additional £1750 when people’s incomes are lower than usual is an insult!

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:39 am

firestar786 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:23 am
Hi

My wife should receive her visa within 4 weeks and there is no way I will be paying an additional £1750 so she can be in a jail aka quarantine by herself in London.

We will wait until it’s removed off the red list and seek an extension to the validity of the visa - if need be.

FYI I already paid £3500 for the application + solicitors fees so to pay an additional £1750 when people’s incomes are lower than usual is an insult!
Bro when did you apply ? My brothers one for his wife was from 12 Feb, so hoping for it to be around same time as yours. The goverment love to milk people so bad, £3500 for a spouse visa, I just done my own FLR(m) for the wife and that was nearly 3k too, now they want £1750 for the hotel when other countries like France & India are much worse but not put on the list. Fingers crossed it's removed from the red list before the 90 days end.

sanyari77

Post by sanyari77 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am

My wife has received her visa which is valid for 90 days.
a. What will happen if Pakistan remains in the red list and her visa expires? Will she has to apply for a new visa and follow the immigration process again?
OR
b. She must travel to the UK before her visa expires and be prepared to be quarantined in a hotel and pay the fees.
Please guide me what to do in the above circumstances.
Thanks and kind regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sanyari77

Post by sanyari77 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you. According to the link as above:

“If a person holds a visa for the UK then they may have “residence rights” and so be treated as exempt from the “red list” rules.

• Settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme”
As I’m settled here under EU settlement scheme, will my wife be exempted from staying in the government provided hotel and she doesn’t need to pay for hotel quarantine?

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm

sanyari77 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:12 pm
Thank you. According to the link as above:

“If a person holds a visa for the UK then they may have “residence rights” and so be treated as exempt from the “red list” rules.

• Settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme”
As I’m settled here under EU settlement scheme, will my wife be exempted from staying in the government provided hotel and she doesn’t need to pay for hotel quarantine?
It would be good to know this, also can anyone confirm if UKVI are still processing visas please?

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:05 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:39 am
firestar786 wrote:
Hi

Bro when did you apply ? My brothers one for his wife was from 12 Feb, so hoping for it to be around same time as yours. The goverment love to milk people so bad, £3500 for a spouse visa, I just done my own FLR(m) for the wife and that was nearly 3k too, now they want £1750 for the hotel when other countries like France & India are much worse but not put on the list. Fingers crossed it's removed from the red list before the 90 days end.
Hi,
9th feb. expecting it within 4 weeks now. hopefully they remove it. I have emailed my local MP to lobby the govt on this on my behalf because my wife isnt exactly travelling for the fun of it!

Also according to what I have read online, you pay another £154 to have the sticker extended by 3 months but I could be wrong.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:46 pm

firestar786 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:05 pm
wak9001 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:39 am
firestar786 wrote:
Hi

Hi,
9th feb. expecting it within 4 weeks now. hopefully they remove it. I have emailed my local MP to lobby the govt on this on my behalf because my wife isnt exactly travelling for the fun of it!

Also according to what I have read online, you pay another £154 to have the sticker extended by 3 months but I could be wrong.
4 days apart, so we are pretty much identicle in terms of timeframe. You're right about the £154 if you want to extend it, if it gets granted in May, she'll have until August to come here, so hopefully the ban should be lifted. The red list is definitely more of a political move from the government. I just hope they don't put a halt to issuing visas whilst the country stays in the red list.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:12 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:13 pm
See also What if I have a visa for the UK?
I’m not sure if it’s just me not understanding correctly, but exempt from red list rules?? Even British citizens aren’t exempt from red list rules, so how does that work?

This doesn’t really give any clarification to my query with regards to the 6 months visa that my partner will have. Am I to assume that as it’s LTE with a view to settlement he will be allowed to enter the UK after the 9th?

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nadia

Kaykash

Post by Kaykash » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:07 pm

In very simple English UK govt explained already

Let me explain in more simple language

After 9th of April only British citizen and Irish citizen can come back along with the person who has residence permit such as students , work permit holders, etc etc
But they will have to stay 10 days in quarantine and its fees is 1750 per adult .

Secondly some people thinking to take a route which is not red list, but it will not work after 9th April as if someone stay in red list country in last 10 days of his or her journey, the person have to stay in quarantine

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Kaykash wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:07 pm
In very simple English UK govt explained already

Let me explain in more simple language

After 9th of April only British citizen and Irish citizen can come back along with the person who has residence permit such as students , work permit holders, etc etc
But they will have to stay 10 days in quarantine and its fees is 1750 per adult .

Secondly some people thinking to take a route which is not red list, but it will not work after 9th April as if someone stay in red list country in last 10 days of his or her journey, the person have to stay in quarantine
Yes thank you, this I know already. But as I said I’m uncertain as to whether a 6 month fiancé visa is called as residency rights.

And also, you can get around it bu for example travelling to turkey and staying there 10 days then coming to the UK, which means you haven’t been in a red list country in the last 10 days. 😒

Kaykash

Post by Kaykash » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm

In this case he has to stay in turkey more than 19 days to use loophole of this quarantine matter.
But visa for turkey and then stay there more than 10 days cost same .
And yes 6 months finance visa is sort of residence status

Kaykash

Post by Kaykash » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:30 pm

And u never know
Mightbe turkey will be in red list too after some time 🤔

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 am

Kaykash wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm
In this case he has to stay in turkey more than 19 days to use loophole of this quarantine matter.
But visa for turkey and then stay there more than 10 days cost same .
And yes 6 months finance visa is sort of residence status
How is it 19 days? The rules state the previous 10 days upon arrival in the UK, so if he arrives in the UK on the 29th April for example, he will have been in turkey since 18th/19th and that means he does not have to complete the hotel quarantine. Last time he would have been in Pakistan is the 17th/18th which will be over 10 days before his arrival in the UK!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:09 am

Nadbo wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 pm
I’m uncertain as to whether a 6 month fiancé visa is called as residency rights.
I am inclined to agree as to the doubt. The way I see it, the fiance visa is more akin to a special visit visa (restricted to six months and no IHS payable), where one can get married and can then apply for a spousal visa (two actions which are not allowed on a normal visit visa). And a visit visa is a short-term visa and not one that leads to settlement.

I think the way the government will see it is that the fiance is not a family member, not until the marriage has taken place and that that is something that can wait during a pandemic.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 am

A fiancé(e) visa holder is a “partner” under GEN.1.2.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kidraja

Post by kidraja » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:27 am

So based on what I’m reading here my wife can enter UK on spouse visa even after 9th April when Pakistan goes into Red list ?

I’ve got money arranged for hotel quarantine for her.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:09 am
Nadbo wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 pm
I’m uncertain as to whether a 6 month fiancé visa is called as residency rights.
I am inclined to agree as to the doubt. The way I see it, the fiance visa is more akin to a special visit visa (restricted to six months and no IHS payable), where one can get married and can then apply for a spousal visa (two actions which are not allowed on a normal visit visa). And a visit visa is a short-term visa and not one that leads to settlement.

I think the way the government will see it is that the fiance is not a family member, not until the marriage has taken place and that that is something that can wait during a pandemic.
Many thanks for your response. I think I’ll chase up an answer from someone via the gov.uk site and possibly speak to my solicitor about it, to double check before we book anything.

Thanks again

Nadia

kidraja

Post by kidraja » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm

I’ve spoken to my solicitor and he told that my wife can still come over while Pakistan is in red list since she has a spouse visa.

Only matter will be finding available flights to UK.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm

kidraja wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm
I’ve spoken to my solicitor and he told that my wife can still come over while Pakistan is in red list since she has a spouse visa.

Only matter will be finding available flights to UK.
But she'll need to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days, right?