ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Universal Credit and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkhan0805
Newly Registered

Do Universal Credit and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement?

Post by mkhan0805 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi,

I'm just wondering if payments from UC and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement. If so, does the sponsor have to have been in receipt of these for a certain amount of time, and are there any other considerations?

Thanks

wak9001

Re: Do Universal Credit and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement?

Post by wak9001 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:05 pm

mkhan0805 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:46 pm
Hi,

I'm just wondering if payments from UC and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement. If so, does the sponsor have to have been in receipt of these for a certain amount of time, and are there any other considerations?

Thanks
Carers allowance counts but I don't think UC does. There is a post pinned in this forum which tells you how to calculate this :)

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Do Universal Credit and Carer's Allowance count for the adequate maintenance income requirement?

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm

mkhan0805 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:46 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Yes UC counts towards adequate maintenance and as long as the sponsor is in receipt of the benefit then it counts.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.