ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Visa Extension query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

FLR M Visa Extension query

Post by shakil.saif79 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:07 pm

Respectable members,

I read a lot of posts here and found a few members not been able to provide cohabitation documents for 2.5 years for FLR M extension ( even though they are living in a genuine subsisting relationship but don't have documents to prove) and could not find the outcome of such applications i.e. extension granted or refused. what should an applicant do to prove in this situation.

Regarding FLR M visa extension after 2.5 years staying in the UK as spouse, is someone suppose to submit cohabitation documents for 2 years or 2.5 years.

what if someone does not have cohabitation documents evenly spread over 2 or 2.5 years but are married and living together and only able to provide some documents for the 1 year or so.

How a child born in the UK other child is attending school can help proving subsisting relationship. Are kids NHS letters addressed to parents acceptable as proof of subsisting relationship.

What are the chances of getting FLRM visa extension if application is submitted with less than 2 years cohabitation while meeting other criteria i.e English, financial and accommodation requirements.

Thanking you in advance for your time and advice.

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: FLR M Visa Extension query

Post by shakil.saif79 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm

It would have been nice if kkpp99 or members in similar situation would have shared their visa extension experience and outcome whereas topic is locked now.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-co ... 02406.html

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 am

shakil.saif79 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm
It would have been nice if kkpp99 or members in similar situation would have shared their visa extension experience and outcome whereas topic is locked now.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-co ... 02406.html
Member kkpp99 only posted 6 times on the forum and hasn't visited since Jul 07, 2020 :idea:

Any correspondence spread evenly over a period of 2 years with the name/names, address and date will be accepted as evidence of co-habitation. 6 examples if in joint names, or 12 if single (6 each).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by shakil.saif79 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Dear Casa, Thank you very much for your reply.

what if someone does not have cohabitation documents over 2 years but are married, living together and only able to provide some documents for the 1 year or so. child born in the UK other child is attending school for 2.5 years. can it help proving subsisting relationship. Are kids NHS letters addressed to parents acceptable as proof of subsisting relationship.

What are the chances of getting FLRM visa extension if application is submitted with less than 2 years cohabitation while meeting other criteria i.e English, financial and accommodation requirements.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:35 am

The official guidance states:
"Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on."

In addition to the above, you can submit the NHS letters. As I mentioned previously, ANY correspondence with your name/names, address and date will be accepted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by shakil.saif79 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Thank you Casa for this information. I will follow this useful advice and will explain in a cover letter that I hope will be considered. Is there any template available for this letter or if a member submitted letter with application.

In the light of your extensive experience, is there a chance of getting extension if provide documents for 1 year and letter from GP/School/dentist/health visitor confirming that both parents are involved in kids appointments/upbringing.