ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brining Child without Mother from Outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Brining Child without Mother from Outside UK

Post by jafferdeen » Thu May 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi
My friend is UK national. He was married in India. He got one child out of marriage. Child is 3 years old now.
He is divorced from wife and he has full custody of child thorough a court order.
When child was born father did not have British citizenship .

He wants to bring child into UK as he has full custody of child .
What kind of visa he will needs to apply for his son?
J Khan

ellamoon45
Newly Registered

Re: Brining Child without Mother from Outside UK

Post by ellamoon45 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi

If he is British national living in India first he will need to go to the British embassy and apply for the kid’s British nationality every country is different in terms of requirements but that would be first step so the kid can have a British passport then your friend needs a court order stating that the mother agrees with the child living in the uk as a permanent residency which obviously needs to be officially translated into English and apostille because it will be required by the immigration officer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:25 pm

ellamoon45 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:16 pm
Hi

If he is British national living in India first he will need to go to the British embassy and apply for the kid’s British nationality every country is different in terms of requirements but that would be first step so the kid can have a British passport then your friend needs a court order stating that the mother agrees with the child living in the uk as a permanent residency which obviously needs to be officially translated into English and apostille because it will be required by the immigration officer.
The child is NOT British as has clearly been stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 20, 2021 5:21 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:43 pm
He is divorced from wife and he has full custody of child thorough a court order.
As he has a court order for full custody, your friend should be able to apply for a family visa in the usual way.

The child will likely be granted ILE.

If the child is granted ILE, once in the UK, the child should be able to apply for registration as a British citizen under Section 3(1).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Wed May 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Thank you so much
J Khan