ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fatimadurrani
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension

Post by Fatimadurrani » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Dear members

I need to apply for my husbands spouse visa extension. I have few questions was wondering if someone could help.. we have been together at my parents house ever since my husband has come to the UK, my parents rent this property privately though estate agency. My husband is not added to the council tax bill either.. is that going to be an issue? And also we only have one joint bank account under both of ours name can we use that to proof our relationship?

could you please help us out by advising us..

Casa

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Your husband doesn't need to be included on the Council tax bill.

How many items to you have in single names which include the name, address and date?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Fatimadurrani
Newly Registered

Post by Fatimadurrani » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Thank you for the quick response!! He has his provisional driving licence with the address, doctors letter, bank statements, payslips, p60, DBS letter, NHS number letter, national insurance letter and thames water utility bill as additional account holder.. i have all of these documents in my name too. He is not added in rent agreement as my parents rent this property and the rent agreement is under their name.. do i need to get him added on the agreement or thats not really needed?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:05 pm

You may need a letter from the landlord confirming that your husband can live in the property.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Fatimadurrani
Newly Registered

Post by Fatimadurrani » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi casa,

Thanks you for the response. Does the applicant really needs to added on the rent agreement?

I am as the sponsor already on the rent agreement?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Fatimadurrani wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:03 pm
Hi casa,

Thanks you for the response. Does the applicant really needs to added on the rent agreement?

I am as the sponsor already on the rent agreement?
No, but the applicant should have a letter from the landlord agreeing to them living in the property.
(Casa, not CR001)