ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rented Property Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssbib

Rented Property Question

Post by ssbib » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Hello all,

My wife and I rent a property but are looking at buying a house at this time. My tenancy is up for renewal on 3rd August and so I have decided to go on a rolling tenancy from this point forward so I can easily move once we find and purchase a house. The letting agent is going to produce an addendum to the current tenancy agreement to show this.

Her ILR is due in September 2021 and I am hoping that we will be in our new home by then but if not, how should I prove where we are living? I would usually just send in the tenancy agreement but seeing as I wouldn't have one other than an out of date on and an addendum would this be sufficient? I'm thinking of sending in the tenancy agreement, the addendum AND getting the letting agent to write a letter confirming we are still at the property and the addended tenancy agreement is still in effect. I'll make sure this letter is dated within 28 days of the visa submission date.

Do you think that will suffice? Thanks.

Casa

Re: Rented Property Question

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:28 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm
I'm thinking of sending in the tenancy agreement, the addendum AND getting the letting agent to write a letter confirming we are still at the property and the addended tenancy agreement is still in effect. I'll make sure this letter is dated within 28 days of the visa submission date.

Do you think that will suffice? Thanks.
This will be sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ssbib

Post by ssbib » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Thank you Casa.

Another (slightly) off-topic question if I may: if we are in our new home by that time what would you suggest we submit? A mortgage statement or something similar?

Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:24 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Thank you Casa.

Another (slightly) off-topic question if I may: if we are in our new home by that time what would you suggest we submit? A mortgage statement or something similar?

Thanks.
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ssbib

Post by ssbib » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Thanks again Casa. Have a good evening.