ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa application question confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Fiance visa application question confusion

Post by Wag1_8 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I hope all are you are well and keeping safe.
Im little confused at the moment, my husband divorced me 3 times Talaq and registered it with muftis office but the problem is i was not there at the time and i got married again from Pakistan after that.
Does this mean i will have to apply for a fiance visa for my husband because i checked on the Domicile issue my marriage wont be valid as per UK law i wasnt legally divorced?
But was legally divorced in Pakistan AJK.
If that is the case then when my husband filled the application form it asked if hes a unmarried partner or fiancee etc what should he select?

We are legally married in pakistan so should i disclose this or should i say we are single?
I have all the documents just waiting for my decree nisi,
Please guide me.. im very worried

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Re: Fiance visa application question confusion

Post by Wag1_8 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am

Anyone?

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Wag1_8 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:54 pm

If there is a similar post can someone send ne a link,
Really will be grateful

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Wag1_8 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:41 pm

@casa can you please guide me,
Just a question in what what my husband should tick,
Single or married?
Im thinking he should select single as in British law this marriage isnt valid that makes him single because of my divorce and in the more info box at the end of the application he will disclose that we are legally married abroad and im legally divorced from AJK.
Ofcourse i dont want them thinking im lieing or anything and want to get it right.
Please could you answer

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Wag1_8 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:41 pm
@casa can you please guide me,
Just a question in what what my husband should tick,
Single or married?
Im thinking he should select single as in British law this marriage isnt valid that makes him single because of my divorce and in the more info box at the end of the application he will disclose that we are legally married abroad and im legally divorced from AJK.
Ofcourse i dont want them thinking im lieing or anything and want to get it right.
Please could you answer
I haven't responded to your previous posts, as I don't know the answer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Wag1_8 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:41 am

Its just ONE question im confused about on the application form which is when they ask about husbands marital status,
We are legally married In pakistan and im legally divorced but because of my invalid talaq according to UK Law it wont be accepted so our marriage wont be accepted either so that makes him single in the eyes of the UK Law right?

We are thinking tick single and write more info at the end declaring we are married and the reason we are applying for a fiance visa is because we recently found out UK wont accept the divorce which makes our marriage invalid, atleast that way they wont raise a question we lied or hid anything

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:32 am

Im no expert but ive just gone through the online application form for you.
Where it asks martial status tick unmarried partner beacuse if you say your marriage wont be legal in the uk but you guys are in a relationship,
If you tick single then that means your husband considers himself not in a relationship,
Then after that the form asks his relationship to you so tick fiance,
However like i said im not a expert.
Sorry couldnt be more of a help

Wag1_8
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Wag1_8 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:50 am

Thanks for replying,
We will be ticking single instead of unmarried partner because for unmarried partner we have to be living together for a certain amount of time together and then selecting fiance i will explaine on futher info and im sure it will work out