ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Thiva

Spouse Visa Advice

Post by Thiva » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 am

Hi. I want to take my wife to the Uk under appendix FM. When it comes to the accommodation evidence, few problems rise and I need some help to sort that out.
I live in a shared accommodation since 2010 living on the same address over 10 years. It’s a 3 bed room flat. I share with my friend and his wife with their two children. I have a double bed room for myself and There are two bathrooms with toilet in each floor. There is plenty of room to accommodate one more person. The problem is I don’t have my name on the 2021 year tennensee agreement and it cannot be changed till it ends. The Council tax letter is on my name and I can get changed the utility bills on my name as well if needed. If I take no obligation letter from my friend who’s on the agreement and get done a property inspection report top of it, would that strong enough to show as proof of accommodation? Please share your advices. Many Thanks

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Advice

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:41 am

You will need a No Objection letter from the landlord, agreeing to both yourself and your wife residing in the property. I'm assuming that your friends are the tenants.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 pm

Thank you very Much for you advise Casa. I Really appreciate. Seems like the things are not turning out so well on the property where i currently live as the landlord does not cooperate. My second option is, If I move into my friend’s house. it’s a three-bed room house. only him and his wife and the child live in the property and he owns the property (on a mortgage) what would be needed from the landlord? Still do I need a property inspection report?

Also, my wife’s got her TB Test done and there is my current address printed on the certificate. Would that be a problem if I moved to my friend’s house as the address is going to be deferent?

Also the documents that I’m going to send off like pay slips, Bank statements, P60 etc; have my current address too. Would that be a problem too?? Please reply.. Many Thanks

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:27 am

Thiva wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 pm
Thank you very Much for you advise Casa. I Really appreciate. Seems like the things are not turning out so well on the property where i currently live as the landlord does not cooperate. My second option is, If I move into my friend’s house. it’s a three-bed room house. only him and his wife and the child live in the property and he owns the property (on a mortgage) what would be needed from the landlord? Get a letter from your friend stating you can stay in his home and provide proof of his ownership of the house Still do I need a property inspection report? Most likely yes as you have a different last name to the other people in the house (whose passport details are provided during the application)

Also, my wife’s got her TB Test done and there is my current address printed on the certificate. Would that be a problem if I moved to my friend’s house as the address is going to be deferent? Write a cover letter and explain why it's different, there is not much else you can do other than contact IOM? Not sure anyone can help you with this one here

Also the documents that I’m going to send off like pay slips, Bank statements, P60 etc; have my current address too. Would that be a problem too?? Please reply.. Many Thanks Again, just explain in your cover letter and you should be fine, just make sure you get the letter from the house owner that states you and your partner have permission to stay there for free or for £X rent etc.

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:27 am

Thank you for your advices. A silly question, is it a must to show a double bed room for me and my wife? must we share the same room? Because my friends property has two free bed rooms (no one lives there) apart of his master bed room. those two rooms are slightly smaller than the size of 10.20 square metres each room.(by the law the room has to be over 10.20 m2 to be shared with two people) generally the house wont be over crowded I believe as it’s a three bed house with a master bed room (where my friend lives with his wife and 4 years old son). Has two bathrooms with toilet. And one attached toilet, massive living room and the Spam. So there will be 4 adults and the kid including my wife. What the home office really concerns about? A property where my wife can live which is not over-crowded? and a room which is big enough to share ? I hope you get the point what im trying to say. What do you think ?