ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sky12345
Newly Registered

Immigration for parents

Post by Sky12345 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi friends. I hope the experts on this forum will be able to guide me about my situation. I have Indefinite leave to remain since 2017. My both parents live in Pakistan, are elderly and have different medical conditions, they need assistance with basic everyday tasks. I want them to live with me in the Uk so I can take care of them. Is there any immigration route i can go through to have them settled in the uk. I will really appreciate your help

Casa

Re: Immigration for parents

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Sky12345 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm
Hi friends. I hope the experts on this forum will be able to guide me about my situation. I have Indefinite leave to remain since 2017. My both parents live in Pakistan, are elderly and have different medical conditions, they need assistance with basic everyday tasks. I want them to live with me in the Uk so I can take care of them. Is there any immigration route i can go through to have them settled in the uk. I will really appreciate your help
Do your parents have other family members in Pakistan?

An Adult Dependent Visa is one of the most difficult routes to settlement in the UK. Not only do your parents have to prove that they both need help with daily tasks, that care must also either not be available in their home country, or is not affordable.

The Entry Clearance Officer may well consider that if you are able to afford to support them in the UK, you would also be able to meet these costs in Pakistan where care fees would be lower.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.