ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa Application - India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pari29
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Visa Application - India

Post by Pari29 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:50 pm

( i hope the moderators dont mind me starting this as a new thread)

Here's my story:

My Husband submitted his settlement visa application at VFS Centre (Jalandhar) India, on the 17/09/08...its going to be six weeks..and unfortunatly we still have not heard anything since. I know we should allow atleast 3 months for Settlement visas..but the wait just seems to go on forever!.

The online status has remained the same (you application has been forwarded to BHC) my husband called the centre a couple of times but they repeat the same thing..its in process..i even emailed them..but same reply i got..settlement visa takes maximum 3 months..

Mr 688148256 mentioned that BHC says its due to student visa applications..but i'm not sure...cos someone i know they got their settlement visa this month..and they had applied in august.

Guess we'll just have to wait and pray for the best.
Last edited by Pari29 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

seven weeks today!!!...and they say your application is still in process :!:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Average wait in India is about 3 months......be a bit more patient

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Have you actually spoken to the BHC???? they not always helpful but might be worth a try

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Pari29 wrote:seven weeks today!!!...and they say your application is still in process :!:
7 weeks is hardly 3 months!! :roll: Patience....!

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 pm

no lesley i havent given the BHC a call yet..we've only called the VFS people a couple of times..i think i'll wait a bit more...like everyone says have patience...i know 7 weeks is not 3 months ..but it feels like 7 months being away from my spouse :cry:

i might call BHC up next week..till then patience patience and praying for the best.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Yes we can all understand how you are feeling but your time will come,try and stay positive and if you can't phone them!!!!

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:28 pm

it is now week 10...and my husband recieved a letter for an interview today...i'm really getting nervous about this one...i thought we had provided all the relevant documents and evidence..but still they wanna interview...what sort of questions would they ask him..any idea?..or experience by anyone who've attended an interview before?..would be great help!

lesley any good news from your side?

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi, the type of questions they ask at the interview will be based on what your husbands history of being in the uk are,not that that makes any difference when applying but they still ask,then they will go through your employment and expect your husband to know all the details ie how much you earn,where you work and what you do.,they asked my husband how we meet ,they like everything to be very clear and easy to find or else they won't look.Make sure he has up to date wageslips and bank statements with him,i posted mine to my husband so he could take them with him as we had to wait 8 weeks for the interview.I advise him to just read through all the paperwork he has and answer clearly and don't let the ECO say things that aren't true.
My husband has just had his medical so we are hoping he will be back by xmas but we have had trouble with the BHC sending his call letter to the wrong address so he had to go to New Delhi to collect it but did medical at the same time,now he will do the 7-8 hour journey again to collect his passport as he doesn't trust them to send it to the right address.
When is your husbands interview?

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks for replying lesley....it means soo much to me...actually i dont know exactly when the interview is..he will go and pick up the interview letter from VFS tomorrow..and then we will find out....i'm thinking if the interview is in a few weeks time..then i too can post the latest payslips and bank statements...is it really important that he takes them with him?...what about if i've overdrawn in my bank statements?..but my saving account is still untouched..would that make a difference?

i hope and pray that your husband will be here by christmas...now that he's done his medical ...it shouldnt take long for his passport.. all the best!

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi, no don't think it would make a difference,i don't think they actually asked hubby for them but he took them in case.What they wanted was an updated letter of employment that we had for hubby which was of course the one thing we didn't have.We got failed on maintenance and accommodation although nothing wrong with accommodation but apparently the two go together.Having just read through the copy of my husbands interview he was mainly asked about his time in UK and hubby got the impression the ECO wanted to find out if he only got married to come back into the country but found no evidence of that.He was asked all about my income and wanted to know if he knew exactly how much i earned and what mortgage i paid and what money i had left over.
I hope he doesn't have to wait long,my hubby handed in his paper work at the jalandhar office ,went back a week later and had his interview 2 months later but that was back in march hope things are faster now as i know the waiting is horrible.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi..We found out the date for the interview..which is 11/12/08...in just over two weeks time from today..i guess things are moving a bit faster since march..2 months to 2 weeks now!..

i'm thinking shall i just post the latest payslips and statements or leave it!

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:17 pm

You have got time if you record delivery but as it is so soon then maybe not bother but your choice.
I wish you all the luck in the world and then your hubby could also be home for xmas!!!! and at this rate even before my hubby.
Please let me know how it goes.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:43 pm

i sure will keep you updated...and i pray to god that they will be here by christmas...

you know when they asked about your husbands time in the UK..how did he prove it that he not just got married to you so he can come back in this country,,i have a feeling that they will ask my one the same question...what should he say?

did your husband overstay in the UK?

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 pm

i was just looking up for interview questions for settlement visa's on google..and i came acroos this website http://www.british-filipino.com/settlement2.html..although its philippines and hasnt been updated since 2007...seems helpful..what do you think?