ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we get a UK spouse visa based on a fixed term contract job?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wistyflower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Can we get a UK spouse visa based on a fixed term contract job?

Post by wistyflower » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am

Me and my fiance want to apply for the marriage visa followed by the spouse visa. However work I am applying for meets the minimum salary requirement (over $18,600) but are often fixed term contracts and maternity cover positions. If the contact is longer than 6 months, but is still due to end, would that still work for a marriage visa or would they want to ensure I earn this salary in the long term?

wistyflower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Can we get a UK spouse visa based on a fixed term contract job?

Post by wistyflower » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:31 pm

bump

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:25 pm

wistyflower wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am
Me and my fiance want to apply for the marriage visa followed by the spouse visa. However work I am applying for meets the minimum salary requirement (over $18,600) but are often fixed term contracts and maternity cover positions. If the contact is longer than 6 months, but is still due to end, would that still work for a marriage visa or would they want to ensure I earn this salary in the long term?
The financial requirement is to be met at the time of application and with the thought that the spouse being sponsored will not have to be receive public funds.

wistyflower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by wistyflower » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:25 pm
wistyflower wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am
The financial requirement is to be met at the time of application and with the thought that the spouse being sponsored will not have to be receive public funds.
ok thanks
i take this as long term employment does not matter, as long as i am working there and still working at the time of the application

wistyflower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by wistyflower » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:54 pm

the gov page does not make it clear how the marriage visa it coincides with the spouse visa, and what the requirements are.

If i am earning the min required salary, I am not on public funds/benefits and we are engaged is that enough to apply for the marriage visa?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:59 pm

You are required to provide a letter from your employer confirming that your employment will continue for the foreseeable future.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 am

GEN.1.2. implies that a fiancé(e) visa application should satisfy the same fees (excluding IHS), English Language and financial requirements, etc., as a spouse visa application. It’s different from a marriage visitor visa!

If relying on salary, then agree with @Casa that 2
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
  • (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
  • (ii) the length of their employment;
  • (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
  • (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

requires an Employer’s letter, etc. A fix-term contract is okay. Working is necessary on the date of application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.