ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Spouse Visa Extension Timeline

Post by THO » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:43 am

Hi All,

Just a quick question. Wife attended visa office in London on 9th July for 2.5 yrs visa extension. If anyone has recently had their visa renewed, how long did it take for the passport to be returned?

Just wondering if there are delays or disruptions (Covid backlog, Ukraine etc etc) to the service, that are making it take longer than normal? We regret not going priority now, as want to go the America and it's looking tight to get her US visa, in time for where we want to be.

THO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Timeline

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:45 am

Why did she submit her passport? It is not required to submit the original document.

immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... -1050.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Timeline

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Further to CR001's advice, are you aware that even if the passport is returned in time for your USA trip, if your wife leaves the UK while her FLR(M) application is being processed, the Home Office will consider the application withdrawn. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.